The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Asherdan on October 27, 2003, 04:51:53 pm
-
(https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s---uBhIrEa--/oqil2ysvksn6vmluk2of.gif)
-
Hehehe, I was watching the tv news at a party this weekend (a very rockin' one, apparently) and I thought it was joke news since they were reporting from "Rancho Cucamonga".
-
If it ain't fires it's earthquakes.
If it ain't earthquakes it's mudslides.
If it ain't mudslides it's riots.
Why would anyone choose to live in California?
-
Why would anyone choose to live in California?
Because when none of those things are happening, the weather is so perfect it's like you're back in the womb?
At least this is how it seems to someone who has only lived on the East Coast. Oh yeah, and because the Pacific is beautiful and the Atlantic is usually just wet and cold.
-
The only reasons to live in California are to be able to sit outside in shorts from March to October and to make porno. The Pacific's a load colder than the Atlantic (has to do with the ocean currents), and it's hardly peaceful (though neither really is the Atlantic).
Still, you can do the shorts thing in much of the country, and you can make porno anywhere. Why California? Why?!!
-
Why would anyone choose to live in California?
Because when none of those things are happening, the weather is so perfect it's like you're back in the womb?
At least this is how it seems to someone who has only lived on the East Coast. Oh yeah, and because the Pacific is beautiful and the Atlantic is usually just wet and cold.
Except I live in Hawaii, which apart from being a bass-ackwards backwater in many respects, has a lot of perfect to offer (and the Pacific down here is definitely not cold).
I'm under very clear spousal orders that under no circumstances do I accept a transfer to California. Guess we're stuck here til something comes up in a place SHE wants to go.
-
Didn't Arnold play a firefighter in Collateral Damage? As soon as he assumes the governorship, you Cali cats are in the clear. Mr. Freeze is a'comin'!
-
Interesting satellite image of the smoke plumes.
Scary stuff!
http://www.michaelhanscom.com/eclecticism/2003/10/graphics/californiafires.html
-
I've lived in Southern California for thirteen years, and never regretted a moment of it.
It shakes violently for about fifteen seconds once every two decades or so. Fires, riots and mudslides don't affect me. The closest I've come to danger was sitting next to a drunk O.J. Simpson at Hana Sushi three years ago.
In exchange for which, I live in a vibrant city with more food, culture and entertainment options than I could ever possibly take advantage of. I've met all kinds of great people and generally lived the life of Reilly.
And, yeah, the weather.
Haters are invited to go right on hating. You can stay in whatever garden paradise you call home ( note: sarcasm does not apply to AlohaDawg ), and that way I have one less person on line in front of me at Pink's.