The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: oball on December 20, 2007, 09:15:07 am

Title: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
Post by: oball on December 20, 2007, 09:15:07 am
Linky. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12202007)

Maybe I just don't have enough emotional investment in the characters to feel sorry for them, but this strip and yesterday's both made me laugh my arse off.

I also like how the strip's title on the archive page is "The Needle and the Damage Done".
Title: Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
Post by: Doc on December 20, 2007, 10:30:49 am
I hope this goes on for another couple of weeks
or at least the rest of this week so monday can be him lying on the ground, bloodied and crying with 'merry christmas from achewood'
Title: Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
Post by: pez on December 20, 2007, 10:40:54 am
Oh, Cornelius.
Title: Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
Post by: AugustWest on December 20, 2007, 02:16:16 pm
I guess they must not have a tattoo removal place in the local underground.
Title: Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
Post by: side_show on December 20, 2007, 03:20:29 pm
I'm glad that I've never felt the desire to rip my own skin off.

Title: Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
Post by: doomglobe on December 20, 2007, 03:41:39 pm
I hope it is just a temporary tattoo. I hope that so hard. Of all the people for this to happen to, Mr Bear is the most tragic.
Title: Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
Post by: doomglobe on December 20, 2007, 03:44:09 pm
Tragic.
Title: Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
Post by: jaydub on December 20, 2007, 03:55:13 pm
I'm pretty sure he's violating the aftercare instructions there.  Might end up with some scarring.
Title: Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
Post by: RMJ12345 on December 20, 2007, 04:15:15 pm
Hi Foreboding Orb!

Agreed. Look at his frigging mouth, I would never have thought to see such brutal anguish from Mr. Bear. It's good, it's tough to read in a way.

Heeeellllo Achewood! Right!

Agreed - It is very sad to see someone who is usually so debonair be degraded first by this tat, and then by his self-loathing because of the tat.
Title: Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 20, 2007, 04:29:16 pm
The idea that someone flipping out over a tattoo could be similar to an addiction-freak-out is rad.

Well-drawn tears.

A+++, fast delivery, would do business with this strip again!
Title: Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
Post by: V-Adore on December 20, 2007, 06:17:27 pm
Harrowing!
Title: Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
Post by: littlefox on December 20, 2007, 06:24:37 pm
I actually thought yesterday's was hilarious but today's was too much for me. Maybe tomorrow I'll like it?
Title: Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
Post by: linnea on December 21, 2007, 02:33:49 am
The bear's initial reaction of whimpering quickly gives way to intense anger. I do not like this strip, I do not like it at all. I am uncomfortable with the idea of Connie suffering, dammit!
Title: Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
Post by: theinevitable on December 21, 2007, 05:59:33 am
yeah, this one is a bit much for me.
Title: Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
Post by: chuanoplast on December 21, 2007, 11:22:47 am
Cornelius suffering makes me so upset. Perhaps the stress of finals contributes to this, but when I saw that old-timer so distraught, I almost couldn't read Achewood anymore.
Title: Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
Post by: doomglobe on December 21, 2007, 02:53:14 pm
TOMORROW: CHICKEN

I'm just saying is all.

I actually made achewood cookbook style beercan chicken last night. There will be leftovers to eat today. ASHERDAN WAS RIGHT.
Title: Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
Post by: linnea on December 21, 2007, 06:39:52 pm
I actually made achewood cookbook style beercan chicken last night. There will be leftovers to eat today. ASHERDAN WAS RIGHT.

That is so awesome. I plan to buy a chicken the next time I go to the store. Isn't that cookbook great? I love it.
Title: Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
Post by: Turbo Ninja on December 21, 2007, 09:45:48 pm
Isn't that cookbook great? I love it.

I love it because Chris' inscription in mine instructs me to "Cook the diamond juice."  Oh, I've cooked it.  So far, it's the only item in the book that isn't afraid to cook me back.