The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: slink on October 27, 2003, 06:48:15 pm

Title: Oh nooooo.
Post by: slink on October 27, 2003, 06:48:15 pm
So, the Mark Twain episode of TNG has just come on. And I'm going to have to watch it, despite my hatred of it, just because of Onstad.
Damn!
Title: Oh nooooo.
Post by: andalucia on October 27, 2003, 09:27:41 pm
hehehe, I watched that one this weekend.  I'm growing out of my trekkieism, but I still recently corrected my boyfriend when he referred to a Romulan as a Vulcan... pffff.
Title: Oh nooooo.
Post by: slink on October 27, 2003, 10:52:54 pm
Doh. I forgot it was a two parter. I'm probably going to have to watch part two as well, whenever they show that...
My soul is burning up!

I have never been a Trekky, and as I say, pretty much just hate it, but the amount I've seen I still know more about it than I'd like. I can still get involved in conversations about it, and it isn't right!!!
Title: Oh nooooo.
Post by: CortJstr on October 28, 2003, 01:06:17 am
I want to know why Data didn't invent all kinds of cool stuff and come up with philosophical ideas during the several hundred years he was in the cave. I'm pretty sure he was online the whole time.
Title: Oh nooooo.
Post by: V-Adore on October 28, 2003, 02:27:18 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I want to know why Data didn't invent all kinds of cool stuff and come up with philosophical ideas during the several hundred years he was in the cave. I'm pretty sure he was online the whole time.

Solitaire kills, man. It kills.

But hey, after 700 years he'd probably beaten every conceivable Minesweeper map...
Title: Oh nooooo.
Post by: CortJstr on October 28, 2003, 02:53:58 am
I was just thinking in HG2G when the bot is stranded for years he gets more depressed.

In the new Dune books when a bot gets trapped for years he becomes an individual.

When Data got trapped for hundreds of years he got dusty.

Way to mess up the pattern, TNG.
Title: Oh nooooo.
Post by: slink on October 28, 2003, 04:11:54 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

When Data got trapped for hundreds of years he got dusty.


Just goes to show the imagination that went into that show.