The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Golfhaus on December 26, 2007, 06:40:38 pm
-
Somehow, it kinda loses something. (http://norvig.com/Gettysburg/index.htm)
-
heh, yeah I don't think anyone is going to be inspired by powerpoint.
-
This presentation was highlighted in Edward Tufte's book Beautiful Evidence. Here's an excerpt about PowerPoint (http://www.edwardtufte.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=0002PP&topic_id=1). If you ever write any documents that contain any graphs for any reason, check out his Visual Display of Quantitative Information (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0961392142) book. It is most badass in showing you how to convey the most information in the least space without ever misleading your audience.
-
Pedro is the guy at cocktail parties who has a reading assignment for everyone in the room.
-
But what if I want to mislead my audience?
-
But what if I want to mislead my audience?
Install a sense of urgency and use phrases like "slam dunk evidence"
-
Weirdly I just requested this book from the uni library, if Pedro and the Xkcd guy agree then it's probably worth reading.
-
My anthro professor this semester makes these powerpoints that somehow...
it's like his powerpoints are somehow really earnest? I can't remember what about the one today was strange, but it was really weird. But in a way that was like... not over-the-top. Just... really intense.