The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Doc on December 28, 2007, 03:13:01 am

Title: Tonight: Chicken!
Post by: Doc on December 28, 2007, 03:13:01 am
So I pulled out some chicken breasts to thaw for dinner tonight but I've decided that I'm in the mood for something different so I don't want to cook what I'd usually cook (generally a stirfry or grab a bottle of marinade from the fridge and fry them up, maybe on a burger). So how about some suggestions folks? I'm cooking for me and two other people and I've got the day off work so I can go and get stuff that is required. I also randomly have a bunch of breadcrumbs, so maybe some sort of deep fry recipe would be awesome?
Anyway, any suggestions would be awesome but the pressure is on, I've got a little over 6 hours till ODT (optimal dinner time).
Title: Re: Tonight: Chicken!
Post by: side_show on December 28, 2007, 03:24:35 am
I just picked up ingredients for a chicken breast dish of q sort you may enjoy:

1 breast per person
lightly seasoned with garlic, fresh pepper, any other herbs you might enjoy, placed in roaster/casserole
covered with
1 descent handful of spinach per breast
1 liberal sprinkling of shredded Gouda per breast
1 liberal sprinkling of crushed pecans per breast
(in that order)
Bake at 350 for 20 or until the thickest part of the breast is no longer pink
Broil for a few minutes until cheese starts to bubble and pecans slightly toast
Enjoy

Tastes really nice with a good Riesling.

Cheers!
Title: Re: Tonight: Chicken!
Post by: theinevitable on December 28, 2007, 03:27:07 am
heh heh. breast.
Title: Re: Tonight: Chicken!
Post by: Doc on December 28, 2007, 03:27:17 am
I think I like the sound of that one SS, sounds tasty. Thanks!
Title: Re: Tonight: Chicken!
Post by: Doc on December 28, 2007, 01:00:23 pm
Dinner was very tasty, good work Smells!
Title: Re: Tonight: Chicken!
Post by: side_show on December 28, 2007, 04:04:12 pm
Oh yeah, spinach is so fine.  It's good with chicken.  Also, breast.
Title: Re: Tonight: Chicken!
Post by: Doc on December 29, 2007, 12:30:06 am
Mmm the spinache was good but I think I might try lightening the flavour a bit next time, maybe with something citrussy.