The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Death Ray on December 31, 2007, 05:21:41 pm

Title: Neopolitan Shooters
Post by: Death Ray on December 31, 2007, 05:21:41 pm
Has anyone here tried making Onstad's Neopolitan shooters? How'd they turn out?
Title: Re: Neopolitan Shooters
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 02, 2008, 10:07:12 am
Every time I try them Sicilian shooters show up and take them out.
Title: Re: Neopolitan Shooters
Post by: AugustWest on January 02, 2008, 03:21:12 pm
Every time I try them Sicilian shooters show up and take them out.

Have a shot of Dr. Pepper instead.
Title: Re: Neopolitan Shooters
Post by: linnea on January 03, 2008, 12:58:40 am
To answer the question, no I have not. It looks like they're a bitch to layer properly. If I remember right, Onstad said that he spent all this time slammin' awful-looking drinks because he didn't want to waste the hooch when he fucked up the layers for the millionth time. The photo he took of the finished drink was nice, if memory serves me right.

If you decide to try the recipe (if I remember correctly, I think it's Tequila Rose for the pink layer, Malibu rum mixed with heavy coconut milk for the white layer, and Kahlua or something dark for the bottom layer), definitely take some pictures.
Title: Re: Neopolitan Shooters
Post by: melack on January 03, 2008, 01:21:27 am
Something tells me you'll wind up with a few dozen beige layers that take up the entire shot glass before you get it right.
Title: Re: Neopolitan Shooters
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 03, 2008, 02:20:17 am
Something tells me you'll wind up with a few dozen beige layers that take up the entire shot glass before you get it right.
Right, this is what happens. I have better luck if im sober, and there is a lady who will be impressed by layered drinks. Also, putting the liquors in a freezer before hand.
Title: Re: Neopolitan Shooters
Post by: linnea on January 03, 2008, 02:29:02 am
Right, this is what happens. I have better luck if im sober, and there is a lady who will be impressed by layered drinks. Also, putting the liquors in a freezer before hand.

I found the recipe online: http://www.imjustdrinking.com/wiki/index.php?title=Drink:Neapolitan_Shooter
I also found a photograph, but it has an AssBar link (http://m.assetbar.com/achewood/uua1Hd3jk).

I think that chilling/reezing them beforehand will help tremendously. Plus it is always more refreshing to drink a cold drink. I hate taking room-temperature shots. It's gotta be cold. From my experience, freezing should thicken most liqueurs and make them easier to layer. The exception is Bailey's, would that freeze solid if you left it in the freezer too long, or would the alcohol keep it flowing?
Title: Re: Neopolitan Shooters
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 03, 2008, 02:44:17 am
Oh yea, check it, that size glass is what you need, dont try pulling this shit in a shot glass or something.
Title: Re: Neopolitan Shooters
Post by: KeithHernandez on January 03, 2008, 03:03:41 am
I also found a photograph, but it has an AssBar link (http://m.assetbar.com/achewood/uua1Hd3jk).


http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08142003

It ain't that hard people.