The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Golfhaus on January 03, 2008, 11:28:20 pm

Title: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: Golfhaus on January 03, 2008, 11:28:20 pm
There's that Ray Walk again. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01032008)

Ray is going Bourne for Golden Palace? This creates more questions than it answers.
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: jay-ell on January 03, 2008, 11:30:45 pm
The best part is the alt text. 
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: CortJstr on January 03, 2008, 11:32:34 pm
Golden Palace has a history of borderline offensive advertising schemes so I think Ray was thinking they'd be the most likely to actually pay for something like this. As for the Virgin Air bit, I have no idea. I sort of remember some Virgin Cola ads from the late 90's but nothing from them since.
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: jaydub on January 03, 2008, 11:39:58 pm
Is Hawking mainlining pureed fetuses?  How is he living for decades with ALS when others die within a few years?  Lou Gehrig only lasted 3 1/2 after symptoms showed.
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: Golfhaus on January 03, 2008, 11:40:49 pm
Sir Ricky's got his fingers in a lot of pies airline-wise. Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Blue, Virgin Express, Virgin America... there haven't been this many people around claiming to be a virgin since the 1999 Spears family Christmas card.

Heyo!
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: linnea on January 04, 2008, 12:38:54 am
Is Hawking mainlining pureed fetuses?  How is he living for decades with ALS when others die within a few years?  Lou Gehrig only lasted 3 1/2 after symptoms showed.

Heh! That is a very good point, but it appears that his illness has had a rather slow progression. I guess the doctors only gave him about three years (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_hawking#Illness) at the time of his diagnosis when he was a mere 21 years old. Dude's going to turn 66 years old in a couple of days. I have no idea how he's lasted this long. I think that his incredible genius has bought him great medical care. In the early days, he only had grad student assistants. Now he has round the clock professional nurses.
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: colmore on January 04, 2008, 12:46:12 am
"now he has round the clock personal nurses"  ..... INDEED!

Stephen Hawking is one of the best man-as-memes going these days.  Theoretical physics is pretty awesome at giving the world crazy characters.
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 04, 2008, 02:38:00 am
I just like that Ray still has an Early Nineties Film vision of hacking.

Ski cap and a rifle, needed attire for hacking.

Rock on Linux, rock on Linus's security blanket.
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: Popegeorgeringo on January 04, 2008, 03:38:12 am
"There's a lot of things Stephen Hawking can't do with a paper bag"

I say this is the best line of 2008.  I say that at year end it will still be one of the top ten.  As I see it.

The Pope
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: side_show on January 04, 2008, 03:44:30 am
Geez, calling Stephen Hawking weak for comedy is a real Hunts move in my book.  Anyone who has been within conversational radius of the sort of chair Hawking has knows that thing will crush your foot.  That sort of equipment is serious.  Stephen Hawking could make Onstad cry with one tilt of his steering stick.  I bet Onstad would cry if his foot bones got crushed by a wheelchair, though I don't wish that pain on anyone.
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: Undertoad on January 04, 2008, 05:16:07 am
Agreed, Onstad has completely lost the people-who-have-been-within-conversational-radius-of-Stephen-Hawking market segment.
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: pmcd9 on January 04, 2008, 05:46:32 am
Oh goody I get to tell my Lou Gehrig story.  About 10-15 years ago I was watching The Pride of the Yankees, a Lou Gehrig biopic starring Gary Cooper.  In the film they invented a character who was like a sidekick to Lou.  So Lou Gehrig takes ill and is rushed to the hospital.  Soon after his wife shows up and is greeted in the lobby by this sidekick guy.  She asks what it is he has.  He's kinda country and aw shucks in his demeanor.  He says something to the effect of Aw, they told me, but it was such a long word I couldn't remember it at all.  I'm sitting there on the sofa thinking "what DID Lou Gehrig die of?"  After way too long I thought, "oh yeah."

My Uncle died of ALS.  He went from diagnosis to the grave in about 2 years.  He was 60.
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: JorgeFabregas on January 04, 2008, 04:09:16 pm
Ski cap and a rifle, needed attire for hacking.
That's what I logged on to post. Never hack without a sniper rifle.
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: CortJstr on January 04, 2008, 04:10:40 pm
That's what I logged on to post. Never hack without a sniper rifle.

And never, ever use a penis.
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: smick on January 04, 2008, 05:40:33 pm
Geez, calling Stephen Hawking weak for comedy is a real Hunts move in my book.  Anyone who has been within conversational radius of the sort of chair Hawking has knows that thing will crush your foot.  That sort of equipment is serious.  Stephen Hawking could make Onstad cry with one tilt of his steering stick.  I bet Onstad would cry if his foot bones got crushed by a wheelchair, though I don't wish that pain on anyone.

I'm thinking of the slow creeping grin.  The slight gesture.  The sudden motion of the chair.  A howl of pain, and then...

HA. HA. HA.
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: jay-ell on January 04, 2008, 06:41:31 pm
I'm thinking of the slow creeping grin.  The slight gesture.  The sudden motion of the chair.  A howl of pain, and then...

HA. HA. HA.

CAN'D.  CAN'D.  CAN'D.
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: evan on January 04, 2008, 09:26:24 pm
(I didn't make this) http://youtube.com/watch?v=BTLKHrqdedg (NSFW)
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 04, 2008, 11:09:02 pm
(I didn't make this) http://youtube.com/watch?v=BTLKHrqdedg (NSFW)
See i saw the link and I thought "What the hell on youtube could be NSFW?"
Oh... That... Thats what's not safe for work.
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: side_show on January 04, 2008, 11:23:24 pm
I'm thinking of the slow creeping grin.  The slight gesture.  The sudden motion of the chair.  A howl of pain, and then...

HA. HA. HA.

Perfect.
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: Lister on January 07, 2008, 12:31:03 am
This reminds me of David Cross' impersonation of Steven Hawking talking to a whore.

I won't repeat.
Title: Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
Post by: oball on January 07, 2008, 01:15:15 am
And of course we can't forget his career as a gangsta rapper (http://youtube.com/watch?v=89jt7zJzkNQ).