The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: littlefallsmets on January 07, 2008, 09:25:10 am
-
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01072008 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01072008)
Dude... really doesn't like Rachel Ray, does he?
(Most difficult subject-line determination ever. NOT LYING THIS TIME was only 4% less worthy.)
-
Funny how kiddy messageboards don't read much different from normal ones.
-
I guess those "jumped the shark" comments really stung, eh?
-
I heartily approve of this thread subject, mainly because I would've totally missed that joke otherwise.
-
Wait, so... "Alison, 7, Baton Rouge" is either a pedophile and/or Nice Pete, right?
-
That message board would be better if it had "Today I'm Gonna" and "Pretend Sports' threads. Also, did Comic Sans guy come back from the dead to infect another naive website?
-
Stories of what _really_ happens when trying restrict things on the internet to Just Kid Stuff (for example, in Disney's "Toontown"): http://www.fudco.com/habitat/archives/000058.html
-
Stories of what _really_ happens when trying restrict things on the internet to Just Kid Stuff (for example, in Disney's "Toontown"): http://www.fudco.com/habitat/archives/000058.html
Genius. Information wants to be free.
-
This strip is like a giant wad of subject lines. I'm fond of "I don't understand caves :(", myself.
-
Cars should have wheels that let them roll sideways! Imagine what it would do for those of us who can't parallel park.
-
I felt the need to chime in on "I don't understand caves :(" being marvelous. Because it is.
-
So a friend of mine had a job for a while moderating a for-kids message board run by Coca Cola. Lord knows why teenagers found a softdrink to be a suitable place to discuss life and love, but they did. The funny (I guess) thing about this job is that he more or less committed federal crime once a week. There simply was no way to catch 14 year olds posting naked pictures of themselves without seeing pictures of naked 14 year olds and downloading them into RAM (any form of caching was most definitely turned off for this task).
More frequently though, he had to censor the N-word and other such garbage. There was a pretty long an thorough list of what couldn't be said or discussed, which did mean that from time to time (though still with depressing infrequency) something intelligent had to be moderated away. Eventually he did some research and found a more obscure teenage message board that wasn't run by a major corporation or populated by asshats, and he would send kids a link there when he had to erase something smart.
And dude lived in a broadband enabled tent during this period of his life.
-
Colemore knew the guy who could hand out the onion offence cards.
To be fair this guy sounds cooler than that, broadband enabled tent is the shizzle.