The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Death Ray on January 08, 2008, 12:06:00 am

Title: Dirty Phillipe
Post by: Death Ray on January 08, 2008, 12:06:00 am
I don't think Phillipe is as naive as he lets on, vis-a-vis Nolan. I seem to recall that in an early Achewod strip he disappeared off-panel with Ultra Peanut, leaving behind his clothes.

Could Phillipe have...put his peanut in Ultra Peanut???
Title: Re: Dirty Phillipe
Post by: jaydub on January 08, 2008, 12:20:14 am
We called this "playing doctor" back in the day.  They probably call it "trial meatspace cybering" now, or something.
Title: Re: Dirty Phillipe
Post by: colmore on January 08, 2008, 12:23:23 am
Thanks to the evil Teevee and interwebs and hot coffee, I imagine the youngins call it "sexing" or something like that.  Anyway, I think Phillipe was retarded then and not five.  As some hilarious movies have proven, retards can use their peanuts, innocent or no.  He and U.P. were short because they're otters, and as we all know otters are small compared to housecats, *****s, and alive stuffed bears and tigers, which are all about the same size.

(q: when did he become 5?  Off the top of my head, the earliest strip I can remember mentioning it was the one where he ran for president.)
Title: Re: Dirty Phillipe
Post by: Golfhaus on January 08, 2008, 12:43:38 am
Maybe it was because of the time when I came in, but I've always understood Phillipe to be a young'un, if not necessarily five. I just think in the beginning he was written more as a special needs kid than now, when he's just more of a kid playing in an adult's world.
Title: Re: Dirty Phillipe
Post by: CortJstr on January 08, 2008, 12:53:54 am
The first time his age was explicitly mentioned in the strip was in Shove It! (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05012002). Although I personally think that earlier stuff like the calls from his mom and keeping food separate were because he's young, not "special."
Title: Re: Dirty Phillipe
Post by: jaydub on January 08, 2008, 01:58:49 am
Hmmm...in 2002, Ray was 5 years old (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01212002) as well.
Title: Re: Dirty Phillipe
Post by: side_show on January 08, 2008, 02:09:21 am
Ray is five in people years in that strip, making him 35 in cat years.  Age is different to humans who make lost posters and to the cats that are featured in them.

I really liked the interesting contrast of the characters in Achewood against when they collided with the human world.  I miss it actually.
Title: Re: Dirty Phillipe
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 08, 2008, 03:40:46 am
I don't think Phillipe is as naive as he lets on, vis-a-vis Nolan. I seem to recall that in an early Achewod strip he disappeared off-panel with Ultra Peanut, leaving behind his clothes.

zing (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04092002)