The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: otter on January 18, 2008, 09:13:36 am
-
linkety link (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01182008)
The last line killed me (and, on edit, my family), but it didn't quite fit in the title. It would work pretty well as an interview question, too, the kind they would bust out when they've already decided to hire someone else and are just toying with you.
Anyway, this is a pretty awesome anxiety dream, if indeed it is one. Maybe T's subconscious is working off some steam about the wedding preparations?
-
I wants some RODEO HAM
(Actually that could be some sort of nasty sex act or fetish.)
-
lately I have been having hell of anxiety dreams. Last night I dreampt that mid-way through a haircut, i realized that I just got my hair cut a week ago... the barber was really mad at me that I had made him ruin my hair, it was all screwed up looking like something from the 80s where it was really really short on the sides with like an ugly bowl-thing on the top.
-
I like the big wonky color strips more when they make no sense. But this was nifty.
-
So is the boss supposed to be Bill Gates?
-
I have no idea what any of the strips of the past week are supposed to mean. I have never heard of this Chris Ware* fellow so clearly for me none of this makes sense (or is funny).
So, I looked him up. I guess Onstad's parody is accurate, but -- it seems like some of the pictures** in that Jon Stewart Book "America" also seem to imitate a subset of the Chris Ware style. Does anyone agree with that, or have I misunderstood it?
Also, obviously, Microsoft wasn't around in 1953, is setting an absurd date supposed to mean anything? Ware reference? Or what?
* No, really, I never heard of him.
** Pp. 52-53, 110-111.
-
Hey Bobby, what's up!
-
I think, this being Teodore's Dream sequence, microsoft is a stand in for the large imoprtant company that everyone wants to work for, like Bell Labs or something. Of course everyone knows that in 1950s all these companies are run by wealthy texan industrialists.
I also have never heard of Chris Ware but still found this funny.