The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: mrdna1 on January 23, 2008, 03:45:18 am

Title: 23 Jan 2008 - I'll let you know what I did AFTER I'm done runnin' America.
Post by: mrdna1 on January 23, 2008, 03:45:18 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01232008

such a quotable strip. I can see the Ray-for-Prez storyline developing into something else even more ridiculous, or at least petering out in a comical fashion.
Title: Re: 23 Jan 2008 - I'll let you know what I did AFTER I'm done runnin' America.
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 23, 2008, 03:51:15 am
Before McCain sold out to the Bush junta, this strip was basically the argument for voting McCain.

Four years of a cranky old man cursing out the press corps.

Now that the dude went all Faust for the last grasp at ol' Brassy, we'd never get that but...

Oh man, once upon a time.
Title: Re: 23 Jan 2008 - I'll let you know what I did AFTER I'm done runnin' America.
Post by: theinevitable on January 23, 2008, 03:52:47 am
the grey suit. Would Ray wear a grey suit?

I don't know about you, but I don't know about Ray. Anymore, that is.
Title: Re: 23 Jan 2008 - I'll let you know what I did AFTER I'm done runnin' America.
Post by: lprkn on January 23, 2008, 05:59:17 am
Well, it is a black and white strip, so you could really imagine it to be any color that's not black or white. I'm thinkin' a classy brown thin-wale corduroy. Men who got things done sometimes wore these in the seventies. At least according to some old-school cop movies.

Also: Raymo Smookles for Prez merch? Huh? Please?
Title: Re: 23 Jan 2008 - I'll let you know what I did AFTER I'm done runnin' America.
Post by: jaydub on January 23, 2008, 06:09:09 am
I could see him pulling off some sort of Miami-Vice pastel.
Title: Re: 23 Jan 2008 - I'll let you know what I did AFTER I'm done runnin' America.
Post by: lprkn on January 23, 2008, 06:16:49 am
On second glance, his suit looks reminiscent of Hawaii Five-O. Raymond Smuckles: One Class Act.
Title: Re: 23 Jan 2008 - I'll let you know what I did AFTER I'm done runnin' America.
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 23, 2008, 06:41:12 am
A-CAP is coming out in favor of a Smuckles candidacy.
Title: Re: 23 Jan 2008 - I'll let you know what I did AFTER I'm done runnin' America.
Post by: chuanoplast on January 23, 2008, 10:33:14 am
This is so excellent. A man with log legs and granite sack is a prime candidate for the presidency.

As for suit colors, perhaps some nice shade of green? It's 2:30 in the morning. I just want some dinner and money.
Title: Re: 23 Jan 2008 - I'll let you know what I did AFTER I'm done runnin' America.
Post by: Doc on January 23, 2008, 10:39:41 am
Nah it's grey, Ray knows what is expected of a candidate.
Title: Re: 23 Jan 2008 - I'll let you know what I did AFTER I'm done runnin' America.
Post by: elfbabe on January 23, 2008, 04:17:29 pm
Ray understands the common people. I know eating some fuck*ng dinner and having some fuck*ng money are major goals for me right now. Unfortunately, I live in Canada so Ray probably can't help.  :-[
Title: Re: 23 Jan 2008 - I'll let you know what I did AFTER I'm done runnin' America.
Post by: Ruddy Ruddy on January 24, 2008, 08:43:29 am
I guess Todd doesn't stand a chance of getting on the ticket this time, since Ray's already dismissed him as a crap dude.
Title: Re: 23 Jan 2008 - I'll let you know what I did AFTER I'm done runnin' America.
Post by: linnea on January 24, 2008, 01:06:18 pm
Ray understands the common people. I know eating some fuck*ng dinner and having some fuck*ng money are major goals for me right now.

I hear that. Both of those are major goals in this household as well. Also cat food for the felines.