The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on January 25, 2008, 08:16:06 pm
-
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01252008
Ray just won Alton Brown's endorsement.
-
I think it is almost scary how profoundly Ray understands America.
-
Personally, I am shocked by Mr. Smuckle's statements. To suggest that our nation has only one meat-- only one way of sustaining itself-- is to ignore that many of our nation's people have their own meats of preference. The honest, corn-fed steak of the midwest, the meaty sausage of Chicago, the healthy giraffe of San Francisco, the chitterlings and fried chicken of the south. To suggest that Chicken is America's Meat is to say that Americans are one people, where truly they are many under one banner. The banner of freedom and equality for all meats. For the right of a man to choose his own meat, and cook it as he pleases. This is the nature of our nation, a nation united because of our common humanity and belief in the ideals on which this nation was founded-- not because of our love of chicken as Mr Smuckles would have you believe.
For this reason, I declare my candidacy for president on this historic day, this 25th of January. A candidate who stands for all Americans, not just the chicken-eating Americans Mr Smuckles esteems so highly.
-
I dunno, inev... right now Ray is speaking more to my needs.
Give me your idea of a wonderful meal, showcasing the diverse meats of the world. You can go as extravagant as you want. And when it's done, I will compare it to a bucket of KFC. If you win, I will vote for you. If not, I will vote for Ray.
-
Meh. I dunno, this arc just ain't doing much for me. It feels kind of... safe, I guess. Barely-new gags, recycled art...
-
Worth it for Inev's response.
But yeah just seeing the same pose as yesterday puts me in the mind of BC or something where every comic is basically the same concept. Let's hope Onstad hasn't been inspired to continue this arc until the election.
-
Hey! Totally off-topic but didn't Johnny Hart kick it? Has B.C. gone off the air or is the syndicate running that mummy?
Hart's daughter and grandson continue to write the strip. No word on if it got any better afterwards. Reading B.C. was kinda like listening to Rush Limbaugh - you'd didn't do it for pleasure, you did it because you wanted to get all pissed off.
-
I don't read BC very often but I wonder if we get older comics or something down here because I hear all this stuff about it being very right wing but whenever I look in a paper it's generally just really terrible puns.
-
Reading B.C. was kinda like listening to Rush Limbaugh - you'd didn't do it for pleasure, you did it because you wanted to get all pissed off.
True, and a shame. Back in the 60s and 70s B.C. was very funny.
When Johnny Hart found God, he apparently became a follower of that monk in The Name of the Rose (Ubertino?) who was certain that God hates humor.
-
The counselor is correct. BC was funny back in the day.
-
Ray knows that America is sick of reading those nostalgia magazines in the dentist's office...
Ray knows that America wants to start LIVING those magazines.
Even though everyone knows all that never actually happened. Especially because everyone knows all that never actually happened. The entire story of the eighties was about trying to relive a version of the fifties that only existed in stories Reagan made up as he went along.
This is the way of things. Ray knows stuff.
-
Far from beiing a meat of polarization, chicken is the meat of American Unity. It can be prepared in ways to appeal to the rich and poor alike. And unlike beef or pork and even more than giraffe, chicken is featured in just about every worldwide cuisine - everyone eats and loves chicken! It's the protein component of the great American melting pot!
-
Dang, Ray and inev and AD are all so persuasive that now I don't know what to believe about chicken!
-
Dang, Ray and inev and AD are all so persuasive that now I don't know what to believe about chicken!
Believe that it's tomorrow's recipe.
-
Believe that it's tomorrow's recipe.
How did it take this long?
-
Yeah... another person who proves they need to post more.
-
...
-
Generally when we get stoned for that sort of conversation, things just wander off in a chatty, giggly tangent.
-
Generally when we get stoned for that sort of conversation, things just wander off in a chatty, giggly tangent.
And when we don't... the same thing happens.
-
The only thing people get violent about round here is grammar. And lately conversations of economics vs. social responsibility, but that's mainly A-CAP and LFM.
-
The counselor is correct. BC was funny back in the day.
(http://www.bigfool.com/foolblog/bc0105g.gif)
-
Worth it for Inev's response.
But yeah just seeing the same pose as yesterday puts me in the mind of BC or something where every comic is basically the same concept. Let's hope Onstad hasn't been inspired to continue this arc until the election.
Declaration of Independence 2.0 Section II: Thou shalt never, EVER fuck*ng compare Achewood to B.C., even as jest at gunpoint of werewolf nazis.
(http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/MEDIA/werewolf_nazi.jpg)
No no. Not even then.