The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jay-ell on January 28, 2008, 07:07:02 pm

Title: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
Post by: jay-ell on January 28, 2008, 07:07:02 pm
Declaration of Independence 2.0 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01282008)

It's been a while since I've had the honor of first-posting. 

I hope this is building to something...it has such potential.  But man, that Jefferson was such a drama queen. 

Seriously. 

Ninja Edit: Apparently I do not know what day it is. 
Title: Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
Post by: CortJstr on January 28, 2008, 07:19:34 pm
At this rate Ray is going to run out of acceptable states pretty quickly. I'm guessing that Texas is next to go.
Title: Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
Post by: weareas1 on January 28, 2008, 07:55:29 pm
On a related note, it would appear that candidate Ray Smuckles is rather ahead of the curve with his "more chickeny chicken" platform:

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/01/28/huckabee-on-romneys-fried-chicken-moment/ (http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/01/28/huckabee-on-romneys-fried-chicken-moment/)

I'm sure we'll be seeing all the other candidates weigh in on chicken after this.  Can't wait to hear Ron Paul's take.  Nevertheless, Smuckles was, is, and always will be the original Chickeny Chicken candidate.
Title: Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 28, 2008, 08:07:06 pm
Ron Paul is pro chicken. Ray doesn't need Florida and neither do I. That place is humid and filled with insects the size of baseballs and wildlife that doesn't know its place is not a pool.
Title: Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
Post by: theinevitable on January 28, 2008, 08:11:52 pm
I think Ron Paul would be pro-chicken, but if you actually heard him talk about his position he would say about 20 things that ticked me off.
Title: Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on January 28, 2008, 08:44:59 pm
I'm going to try to work the phrase "the lofty and broadly-defined organism" into my Ph. D. thesis.
Title: Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
Post by: wombat on January 28, 2008, 09:57:20 pm
I'm going to try to work the phrase "the lofty and broadly-defined organism" into my Ph. D. thesis.

In my personal experience at least, no one proofreads the index of a PhD thesis to remove the names of fictional characters. So you might even be able to get Ray's name in there.
Title: Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
Post by: theinevitable on January 28, 2008, 10:29:51 pm
I am hoping that Roast Beef will somehow give Ray a Slap.
Title: Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
Post by: jaydub on January 28, 2008, 10:45:07 pm
In my personal experience at least, no one proofreads the index of a PhD thesis to remove the names of fictional characters. So you might even be able to get Ray's name in there.

I think I have a new life's goal.
Title: Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
Post by: V-Adore on January 29, 2008, 12:36:44 am
Eh. Not really liking it.
Title: Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
Post by: lprkn on January 29, 2008, 12:42:40 am
I think I actually actively dislike this strip. Which is something new in the relationship between Achewood and myself.

I am hoping that Roast Beef will somehow give Ray a Slap.

This would make it all better.
Title: Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
Post by: SpeedyG on January 29, 2008, 03:39:10 am
I don't know if it's just me, but Ray seems to be acting very out of character. I really hope this is just some sort of Liebot scheme, and maybe someone gets shot?
Title: Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 29, 2008, 04:09:22 am
Power... the potential for power... has corrupted Ray in a way that simply having Throwin' Around Money couldn't.

He is like Dildo Baggins and that ring.

It is more interesting than funny, exactly, but I'm up for seeing where it goes.
Title: Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 29, 2008, 04:16:32 am
I think Ray is acting exactly how we would expect Ray to react in this situation. He operates in a simplistic mindset that makes efficient decisions
Title: Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
Post by: CortJstr on January 29, 2008, 04:17:12 am
Power... the potential for power... has corrupted Ray in a way that simply having Throwin' Around Money couldn't.

He is like Dildo Baggins and that ring.

It is more interesting than funny, exactly, but I'm up for seeing where it goes.

Or perhaps Ray has fallen under the influence of Lazarus again. It could be hiding under the bed and talking to Ray in his sleep.
Title: Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
Post by: V-Adore on January 29, 2008, 05:15:54 am
If this arc is all a run-up to another Lazarus appearance, I will forgive everything. Especially if there's another dance-off.
Title: Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
Post by: colmore on January 29, 2008, 06:34:38 am
Come now.  We can keep Florida north of St. Augustine... down to wherever the oaks finally disappear.  Where it hasn't turned into a bunch of stupid high-rise hotels, the gulf coast west of the peninsula all the way to texas is weird and run-down and gothic.  And inner northern florida is more southern Georgia, clocktower townhalls white columns and the Okefenokee.  Trailers, roadside attractions, produce stands run by farmers' kids, a billion churches, etc.  And if you don't like that kind of stuff, then what the hell are you doing in this region of the country, exactly?

But central and southern florida?  God no.  The entire place has been constructed out of disposable materials in the past 3 decades. As far as I'm concerned, ANY region of the country that fits that description can go fornicate itself out of existence and we Real Americans can enjoy our damn *towns* again.

Remember the last years of the 90s when pop culture seemed to be controlled by oranged skinned, beer guzzling Floridians?  I'm thinking of TRL here.  And all those boy bands and pop singers run by Floridian Svengalis.  Spring break.  Disney world.  The 2000 election.

Damn Florida sucks.  It's the bastard kid of California and Arkansas.
Title: Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
Post by: jaydub on January 29, 2008, 05:11:08 pm
I was about to disagree with Ash's statement, then I remembered about Ponce de Leon and his quest for the Fountain of Youth in Florida during the 1500's and realized that it is absolutely true.