The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: jay-ell on February 02, 2008, 12:39:05 am

Title: Louis Theroux: Like the Crocodile Hunter, but with Crazy People
Post by: jay-ell on February 02, 2008, 12:39:05 am
The subject line says it all.  This guy goes into communities of people on "the fringe" and interviews them to see what makes them tick.  Neo-nazis, black supremacists, sex workers, etc.  Links to videos from BoingBoing.  Very cool; the link below is safe for work but the videos themselves may not be.  (I haven't previewed them all.) 

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/02/01/louis-therouxs-weird.html (http://www.boingboing.net/2008/02/01/louis-therouxs-weird.html)

This guy is nuts.  I'm fifteen minutes into the Survivalist video and I'd have bailed on these whackjobs a long time ago. 
Title: Re: Louis Theroux: Like the Crocodile Hunter, but with Crazy People
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 02, 2008, 02:56:48 am
I have seen all of his Weird Weekend mini-docs and I love them. He has a great way of getting into a subject's comfort zone and then slowly confronting them. Except for the black supremacist episode, I think he was peeing his ****** at some points; Like when they locked him in the room with the that tribunal and forced him to admit that all of the great leaders in the history of europe were actually black.
Title: Re: Louis Theroux: Like the Crocodile Hunter, but with Crazy People
Post by: smick on February 02, 2008, 03:03:28 am
I'm freeeeeee, I'm freeeeeeee!
Title: Re: Louis Theroux: Like the Crocodile Hunter, but with Crazy People
Post by: theinevitable on February 02, 2008, 07:54:12 pm
I mean, a-cap, I think you'll find, if you get to know their theories, that black supremacy actually makes a lot of sense. I learned about it in my African-American studies class last year, and I am pretty convinced.
Title: Re: Louis Theroux: Like the Crocodile Hunter, but with Crazy People
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 02, 2008, 08:17:26 pm
I mean, a-cap, I think you'll find, if you get to know their theories, that black supremacy actually makes a lot of sense. I learned about it in my African-American studies class last year, and I am pretty convinced.
Yikes. Have you like, ever seen their portraits? They seem pretty white to me.
Title: Re: Louis Theroux: Like the Crocodile Hunter, but with Crazy People
Post by: theinevitable on February 02, 2008, 08:28:16 pm
oh, no, I was pulling your leg because of that stuff you said about how college brainwashes people. I guess I didn't do a very good job.