The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: jough on October 29, 2003, 07:17:49 pm

Title: Rod Roddy, Come on Down!
Post by: jough on October 29, 2003, 07:17:49 pm
RIP to Rod Roddy, the announcer for many many years on "The Price is Right" who would urge contenstants to "Come on down!" to be the next contestant on the Price is Right.

Here's a celebrity that you've probably never seen, never knew his name, but can probably imagine his voice right now.

Hearing "The Price is Right" through my elderly near-deaf neighbour's wall just won't be the same without him.
Title: Rod Roddy, Come on Down!
Post by: side_show on October 29, 2003, 07:57:54 pm
What the hell are you talking about jough ?!!  I've seen Rod Roddy! Anyone whose ever seen the Price is Right has seen him in his oft-sequined and always colourful suit jackets.  I just can't belive Bob Barker didn't beat him to it - that guy is ancient!
Title: Rod Roddy, Come on Down!
Post by: jough on October 29, 2003, 08:15:45 pm
I stand corrected.  I figured there would be fans of the show here.  I mean, this is a show pretty much everyone with a tv has seen (and if they haven't, they should have their tv licence revoked).

In any case, he'll be missed by millions.
Title: Rod Roddy, Come on Down!
Post by: CortJstr on October 29, 2003, 08:35:13 pm
I always thought it would be interesting to have a Rod Roddy vs. Doc Severinson Ugly-Suit Off.

Didn't Roddy replace a previous announcer who died?
Title: Rod Roddy, Come on Down!
Post by: side_show on October 31, 2003, 01:19:35 pm
The funny thing is I seem to remember hearing that Rod Roddy died two or three years ago of a heart attach, but then I've definitly seen him on the show since then... It must have been some other B-grade celebrity who died.