The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on February 09, 2008, 05:59:52 am

Title: Jough?
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 09, 2008, 05:59:52 am
Has anyone talked to Jough in the last month or so? The Achewiki has been down for months with a database error, and when I went to give to the tipjar, a paypal error said he is not currently able to accept payments... ¿Que?

"Last Active:   January 08, 2008, 10:50:44 PM"
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: wombat on February 09, 2008, 02:38:21 pm
No, but I bet if you PM or email him about the Paypal thing that'll get his attention.
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: melack on February 11, 2008, 05:20:17 am
Apparently Jough's time has been consumed by singing Pixies songs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jough/2227185205/
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: Death Ray on February 12, 2008, 01:41:04 am
Has anyone talked to Jough in the last month or so? The Achewiki has been down for months with a database error, and when I went to give to the tipjar, a paypal error said he is not currently able to accept payments... ¿Que?

"Last Active:   January 08, 2008, 10:50:44 PM"

You can always tip me, Anarcho.
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: lprkn on February 12, 2008, 04:23:52 am
All is quiet across the desert hardpan as the sun slowly sets. The wind gently moans, raising little curlicues of dust. As the sun sinks into the horizon, a coyote yips and gets no answer. The townsfolk hunch a little closer to their fireplaces and ask,

"Where is the lawman?"
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: jay-ell on February 12, 2008, 03:54:12 pm
This thread makes me realize that in most cases, if something really awful and sudden happened to one of us, the rest of us would never know. 

I used to have Jough's phone number but that was before he moved. 
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: CortJstr on February 12, 2008, 04:21:05 pm
This thread makes me realize that in most cases, if something really awful and sudden happened to one of us, the rest of us would never know. 

I used to have Jough's phone number but that was before he moved. 

The message board I used to post on back in high school created a Dead Man's List after one of the regulars disappeared for several months with what turned out to be a serious head injury. Nothing ever came of the list other than the occasional birthday phone call or drunk-dial.
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 12, 2008, 04:27:56 pm
If I ever get around to writing a will, I will include instructions to post news of my demise to the blog.  It'll get to all my imaginary Interweb friends from there.
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: wombat on February 12, 2008, 06:02:52 pm
I think that somewhere I have Jough's phone number in Chicago if anyone really wants it actually. But I'll bet the best way to contact him these days is to post comments on his Flickr pictures.
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: theinevitable on February 12, 2008, 06:06:45 pm
he has been active on Facebook lately, so he is not, you know, physically or technically incapacitated.
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: lprkn on February 12, 2008, 07:29:36 pm
Well, if he's on Facebook, there's got to be something going on.
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: jough on February 15, 2008, 01:18:51 am
Sorry, I've been really busy with The World and have had some Problems but otherwise I guess I'm okay.

It's true I haven't been here much since I moved to Chicago 15 months ago, but yes, I'm still vaguely online sorta.

I am starting to also use twitter for its intended purpose and not some kind of weird meta game.

I'll get back to anyone who PMed me.  I should set this thing up so it emails me or something when I get a PM.

Also, I'll fix that database issue and get the Wiki back up, although it was a spam-crap magnet the last I looked.

Also, PayPal and I are no longer speaking, but please see my wishlist to pay tribute.
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: wombat on February 15, 2008, 01:51:31 am
I thought it emailed you automatically when you had a PM. It emails me, anyway. Maybe it likes me better. Because I, like, come around and visit every day.
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: pmcd9 on February 17, 2008, 03:15:56 am
If I ever get around to writing a will, I will include instructions to post news of my demise to the blog.  It'll get to all my imaginary Interweb friends from there.

I've been talking about this for a long time.  You should have a folder on your desktop that says read me in case of death.  Leave instructions to your survivors as who to notify on the internet should you pass away.  If I died I'm sure you would want to know about it.

Hey, what's with all the crickets?
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: Doc on February 17, 2008, 03:21:01 am
Paul if you died I think Flickr would let everyone know when their page views suddenly halved.
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: melack on February 17, 2008, 05:48:38 am
I like to think that Paul won't need anyone to send an announcement when he finally kicks the bucket. No, his death -- much like Baldr's -- will be one of the three signs of the oncoming Ragnarok.
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: Doc on February 17, 2008, 07:35:05 am
Or at the very least he'd be good enough to post pics.
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: pmcd9 on February 17, 2008, 10:19:15 pm
Or at the very least he'd be good enough to post pics.

Yeah, that's gonna be a tricky shot.  I'm still working on it.
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: jough on February 18, 2008, 12:48:48 am
With your dying breath, you pull the remote trigger with your toe a la Papa Hemingway.
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: theinevitable on February 18, 2008, 12:55:43 am
man, you guys are all wrong.

old flickr users never die, they just become one with the stream. hell of obi-wan style.
Title: Re: Jough?
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 18, 2008, 01:48:55 am
A message board-cum-real life friend of mine died suddenly a few weeks ago. Very sad. It was interesting to see how her friends from different corners of the internet exchanged information, though.