The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Formica on February 12, 2008, 09:38:18 pm

Title: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: Formica on February 12, 2008, 09:38:18 pm
Other candidates included (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02122008) YOU WILL BECOME PORTLY AND I WILL NEVER HAVE A GRANDBABY!
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on February 12, 2008, 09:41:13 pm
This strip taught me a lot about vans.
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: AugustWest on February 12, 2008, 09:43:06 pm
No! Not Grace Jones!  NOT GRACE JONES!!!! Nooooooooooooo!!!!
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: jaydub on February 12, 2008, 09:53:38 pm
I thought she was off the market.  Has a harem of Alaskan wolves or something.
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: wombat on February 12, 2008, 09:55:30 pm
But... lots of portly fellows have children.
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: AugustWest on February 12, 2008, 09:55:58 pm
Say, if Charley is really Ray's nephew, then doesn't she already have a Grandbaby?
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: CortJstr on February 12, 2008, 10:48:46 pm
Maybe Ray has a half-sibling from before Ramses met his mother? Or more likely LN just materialized at age 9. This happens all the time to bachelors with comic dispositions.
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: AugustWest on February 12, 2008, 11:08:01 pm
Or more likely LN just materialized at age 9. This happens all the time to bachelors with comic dispositions.

I thought that only happened in the family Anatidae.
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: RMJ12345 on February 12, 2008, 11:53:11 pm
A sympathetic female character in Achewood?

I loved this one. My vote for thread title would have been "It breaks my heart that he is stoned."
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: CortJstr on February 13, 2008, 12:13:59 am
I thought that only happened in the family Anatidae.

It's not unheard of in the Muridae (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morty_and_Ferdie_Fieldpenis) family.
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 13, 2008, 03:15:31 am
I just want to come down on the van issue as definitely pro-vans.
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on February 13, 2008, 03:40:18 am
I just want to come down on the van issue as definitely pro-vans.

Hey lfm, you into vans (http://www.avclub.com/content/node/24098)?
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: chuanoplast on February 13, 2008, 04:11:45 am
Now that reference is also known as redemption.

ALSO: Have I mentioned I really like Ray's mom lately. She is a lady who would always have the right snack to offer.

Ray's mom does always have the right snacks (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07222005). She is the ultimate mom.
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 13, 2008, 04:14:51 am
My friend use to get calls like this all the time from his mom while he was at school. Finally he got fed up and shouted "YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOING, WHO I'M DOING IT TO, OR WHERE IM DOING ANYTHING"
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: theinevitable on February 13, 2008, 04:20:19 am
I often think about what would happen if, say, my mom decided to call me at 2 AM on a saturday for some reason.
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: Doc on February 13, 2008, 09:48:56 am
I think these train of thought schematics get better the more obscure the character.
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: Turbo Ninja on February 13, 2008, 04:58:35 pm
I think these train of thought schematics get better the more obscure the character.

The one for Steven, the waiter who was really strong but too nice to get ahead in life, is simple but awesome.  It's a bunch of situations and things arranged in a ring, all with arrows pointing to a box in the middle that says "That's a really good one!"
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: colmore on February 13, 2008, 06:49:02 pm
Has anyone else seen _Brick_ ?  If you haven't, watch it (twice - it's a mystery and it goes by fast and it's hard to catch all the dialogue)

The Pin has a van in that movie.  I want that van, upholstery, lamp, and statuary, driver, and all, so bad words can't even begin.

One of my life goals has been to spend a few years being "that van guy."
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: LCB on February 14, 2008, 12:31:12 am
A fear of Grace Jones is only natural and understandable. Especially that she will whisk your son away.
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: Doc on February 14, 2008, 12:32:14 am
I love the yesssssssss too.
Did Grace Jones have a forked tongue? I am too young to know.
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: theinevitable on February 14, 2008, 12:59:55 am
i had not heard of her. This grace jones person is terrifying.


the obvious answer is that when Ray was a young guy, in the 80s, she saw him watching/listening to that Grace Jones character, and so she assumes he is still into her or whatever.
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: lprkn on February 14, 2008, 05:59:43 am
The first time I saw Grace Jones was in one of the Bond movies with Roger Moore. I was like twelve or something, and scared. But also strangely intrigued.
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: jough on February 15, 2008, 03:51:45 am
Grace Jones is a dude, though, really, right?
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: MagFlare on February 15, 2008, 11:22:54 am
Grace Jones is a dude, though, really, right?

According to her Wikipedia article, she once flashed her yams during a concert. At Disney World.
Title: Re: Feb. 12, 2008 - A Mother Just Knows
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 21, 2008, 10:48:44 pm
Yup.

Check out the Conan movie. She wears hardly anything on top and there is nothing but muscle there. She's scary as hell. The 80s wave she was riding was androgeny. Think a smaller, black version of Brigitte Nielsen, with any hint of femininity removed. Forcibly.