The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on February 14, 2008, 06:56:20 am

Title: Happy Valentines Day!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 14, 2008, 06:56:20 am
Happy Valentine's Day!
May your chocolate consumption rise and sexual urges be satisfied!
Title: Re: Happy Valentines Day!
Post by: theinevitable on February 14, 2008, 07:03:52 am
I am not sure who should be my valentine. Mostly because I am worried that asking someone to do something with you on Valentine's day comes across a little too "hey, um, I'm in love with you, date me."
I am supposed to go see my friends in Vag-Mons, and I am pretty sure I will not enjoy it. I am kind of worried I will blurt something inappropriate out.

please listen to the Outkast song "Happy Valentine's Day" and feel good about this holiday. Also, realize how fantastic that moment is when the beat stops and there's the sound of a record being spun backwards by hand (I do not know what this is called) and he starts rapping instead of semi-singing. That is, I think, the thing I heard that made me realize that I liked Hip Hop sometimes.
Title: Re: Happy Valentines Day!
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 14, 2008, 01:56:59 pm
I've always considered this more of an 'occasion' than a holiday.

A good excuse to spend too much on a dinner, and eat too much of it besides. To be extravagant over gestures like flowers, hand-holding, expressions of love.

These are all things I would do every day.

Title: Re: Happy Valentines Day!
Post by: CortJstr on February 14, 2008, 03:15:05 pm
My SO's birthday is on 2/11 so this is always a bit of a challenge. I need to get her two things really close together. Usually she says not to get her anything for Valentine's day because she can't think of anything for me. She's terrible at picking up hints. Frankly I'd be fine with her buying sexy underthings for herself as my present every year.
Title: Re: Happy Valentines Day!
Post by: wombat on February 14, 2008, 03:40:04 pm
Well unfortunately the Technical Staff is on the west coast till the end of next week... but I do have plenty of chocolate, at least.
Title: Re: Happy Valentines Day!
Post by: chuanoplast on February 14, 2008, 04:45:25 pm
Valentines schmalentines. Right now it is time for mega-fun activities involving huge banquets and upside-down signs and the color red.

Though chocolate is good. One can never have too much chocolate.
Title: Re: Happy Valentines Day!
Post by: AugustWest on February 14, 2008, 05:17:50 pm
I have a good friend who is a genius.  He married a girl (Mrs. West's best friend) whose birthday is 2/14.  On 2/14.

Brilliant!!!
Title: Re: Happy Valentines Day!
Post by: theinevitable on February 14, 2008, 05:20:50 pm
no one said it could be done. scientists are still trying to figure it out.
Title: Re: Happy Valentines Day!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 14, 2008, 05:47:28 pm
I have a good friend who is a genius.  He married a girl (Mrs. West's best friend) whose birthday is 2/14.  On 2/14.

Does he get her three cards and/or presents that day, or can he get away with one great big one?
Title: Re: Happy Valentines Day!
Post by: jay-ell on February 14, 2008, 09:08:15 pm
My SO's birthday is on 2/11 so this is always a bit of a challenge. I need to get her two things really close together. Usually she says not to get her anything for Valentine's day because she can't think of anything for me. She's terrible at picking up hints. Frankly I'd be fine with her buying sexy underthings for herself as my present every year.

My parents' anniversary is 2/11, so they usually go out once for both occasions.  Mom wanted to get married on 2/14 but she didn't want to get married on a Thursday, nor did she want to wait three years for it to fall on a weekend. 

We usually either skip v-day altogether, since my birthday is so close, or sometimes we will go together and buy new item for our grownups-only toybox.  If the mood strikes. 
Title: Re: Happy Valentines Day!
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 14, 2008, 10:37:40 pm
Valentines is my half-birthday, you know.

Granted, this hasn't mattered since I was 9 and a half but... y'know. Still.
Title: Re: Happy Valentines Day!
Post by: Golfhaus on February 15, 2008, 01:01:15 am
My parents' anniversary is 2/11, so they usually go out once for both occasions.  Mom wanted to get married on 2/14 but she didn't want to get married on a Thursday, nor did she want to wait three years for it to fall on a weekend. 

I wanted to get married on 1/30, because my birthday is 5/30 and Mrs. Haus's is on 9/30. Then, every four months there would be something. But 1/30 doesn't fall on a Saturday until 2011. We got married on 1/13 instead.