The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Victoria Waterfield on February 15, 2008, 03:19:04 am

Title: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on February 15, 2008, 03:19:04 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02142008

There is probably a lamp for everything.

This strip is excellent, by the way.

Edited to add: I just noticed on the second read-through that Beef says "becoming on the inside of a dessert restaurant." Genius.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: jough on February 15, 2008, 03:25:23 am
Teodor, always talking.

That fuckin' guy.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: CortJstr on February 15, 2008, 03:44:23 am
Most of the people in my office need that "admit you're wrong" lamp. I, naturally, would have no use for it.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: jough on February 15, 2008, 03:48:43 am
I'm always admittin' I'm wrong.  Hell, I'll admit it right now.  I'll admit it to Jesus.

Sorry, J-Dawg.  My bad.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: jaydub on February 15, 2008, 03:59:15 am
Most of the people in my office need that "admit you're wrong" lamp. I, naturally, would have no use for it.
I hope they're not reading films.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: CortJstr on February 15, 2008, 04:04:33 am
I hope they're not reading films.

Can for actually remembering what I do for a living.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 15, 2008, 04:06:32 am
Scene from History:
Me: Dude, why were you yelling on the phone? I could hear her crying from here.
Main Dogg: I told her the truth that I really only want to see her when I know shes going to not bitch at me.
Me: Ladies like to think you want to see them all the time, not just at the right times.
Main Dogg: Fuck that. Its always a good day if I can make my girlfriend cry.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: jough on February 15, 2008, 04:10:28 am
Have we met, dude?
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: KeithHernandez on February 15, 2008, 04:33:13 am
Try to type n y u.

oh shiiiiit
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 15, 2008, 04:49:42 am
Yeah, not doing enough for a birthday or something... oh man.

Oh man.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: LCB on February 15, 2008, 07:23:56 am
I just love how Beef is just rambling anxiously about dessert restaraunts and you see how very anxious he is. Great depiction on Onstad's part.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: Ben-San on February 15, 2008, 08:26:55 am
Teodor is a prick.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: MagFlare on February 15, 2008, 10:23:37 am
Teodor is a prick.

Nah. He's just in an odd position - like Ray, he's a dude who's incapable of being part of a steady relationship, and has therefore positioned himself as an unasked-for advisor to a dude who is part of a steady relationship so he can live vicariously through Beef. He's just frustrated at what he's got to work with, is all.

Actually, upon reflection, that is fairly prickish.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: melack on February 15, 2008, 06:37:03 pm
I love this strip.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: colmore on February 15, 2008, 06:59:05 pm
A while back people were looking for good example strips to show newcomers how cood Achewood is.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: colmore on February 15, 2008, 09:04:42 pm
"cood"

I couldn't find my contacts today.  I've been squinting around New York.  Laugh at my typing all you want, but I'm lucky to be alive.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: jaydub on February 15, 2008, 10:50:51 pm
"cood"
I couldn't find my contacts today.  I've been squinting around New York.  Laugh at my typing all you want, but I'm lucky to be alive.
Maybe we could mess with Jough by changing your handle to Magoo.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: lprkn on February 15, 2008, 11:56:00 pm
My vote is for m.o.d.o.m. - mobile organism designed only for misspelling.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: Golfhaus on February 16, 2008, 01:15:33 am
Nah. He's just in an odd position - like Ray, he's a dude who's incapable of being part of a steady relationship, and has therefore positioned himself as an unasked-for advisor to a dude who is part of a steady relationship so he can live vicariously through Beef. He's just frustrated at what he's got to work with, is all.

I like how, of all the dudes, the one least capable of being in a relationship is the one that's got a girl ready to marry him. That makes me happy.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 16, 2008, 02:42:06 am
Quote from: lprkn
My vote is for m.o.d.o.m. - mobile organism designed only for misspelling

More like Mechanised Organism Designed Only for Canning.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: milhouse on February 18, 2008, 02:17:44 pm
I like how, of all the dudes, the one least capable of being in a relationship is the one that's got a girl ready to marry him. That makes me happy.

Yeah, it's a good thing. I've been in relationships almost non-stop since 10th grade, while some of my buddies have struggled to find anyone. And I'm the most anti-social, freak flag waving dude I know.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 18, 2008, 02:27:13 pm
Yeah, it's a good thing. I've been in relationships almost non-stop since 10th grade, while some of my buddies have struggled to find anyone. And I'm the most anti-social, freak flag waving dude I know.
Maybe the ladies dig your dual opposing thumbs.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: colmore on February 19, 2008, 12:18:30 am
Chicks dig Koalas.
Title: Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
Post by: Doc on February 19, 2008, 09:38:58 am
You'd think that, but once you wrap a koala, and it's been in that box for a couple of days getting hungry and cramped.... it isn't as cuddly when she unwraps it, no sir.