The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: littlefallsmets on February 19, 2008, 09:00:45 am

Title: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 19, 2008, 09:00:45 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02192008 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02192008)

I kept expecting the old-timey gentlemen were about to try and sell me Guinness.

I do like the idea that dog never washes off, though. I'm a fan of this.
Title: Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
Post by: Doc on February 19, 2008, 09:37:36 am
The title of this thread gave me great pause and the strip certainly delivered. Great handfuls of dogs!
Title: Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
Post by: CortJstr on February 19, 2008, 02:04:52 pm
I'm not a fan of old-timey picture comics. Now if they'd used Roombas, then we'd be talking.
Title: Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
Post by: jaydub on February 19, 2008, 04:03:03 pm
Mr Brunel is Nice Pete's counterpart in subverted homoeroticism from Old Tymes.
Title: Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
Post by: melack on February 19, 2008, 04:42:40 pm
I fuck*ng love this strip. Just the idea of Ray saying "Hell of impractical, Mr. Field" in an old-timey, 19th century voice made me laugh pretty good.

Nice job, 'Stad.
Title: Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
Post by: Dangermoose on February 19, 2008, 06:55:21 pm
MR. BRUNEL:  HE GETS THINGS DONE.

Wish my middle name was Kingdom.
Title: Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
Post by: wombat on February 19, 2008, 07:25:15 pm
Onstad is sadly familiar with what is attractive to canines.
Title: Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
Post by: colmore on February 19, 2008, 11:18:31 pm
Man doesn't like dogs very much.
Title: Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
Post by: jaydub on February 20, 2008, 12:03:55 am
Maybe he's just observant.  The only thing my dog likes more than puke is scoring the piquant tidbits the neighborhood cats leave in my flowerbeds.  Its our fault for loving a scavenger species so much.
Title: Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
Post by: theinevitable on February 20, 2008, 12:10:13 am
i find that... my dog smells better than any other dog, as well as not having that nasty oily Dog texture that stays on your hands. Because we give him a bath every month or two? People constantly tell us he "smells like a puppy." Do people not bathe their dogs?
Title: Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
Post by: Hambone on February 20, 2008, 12:28:46 am
Man doesn't like dogs very much.
Man owns at least one dog. 

In case you are wondering what is up, here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog) is a reference.