The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on February 23, 2008, 12:12:13 am

Title: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 23, 2008, 12:12:13 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02222008 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02222008)
Runner up - I like these college chicks way better than the junkies and grind zombies
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: Doc on February 23, 2008, 12:36:16 am
I wonder if Phillipe is played in this strip by little 'stad.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: wombat on February 23, 2008, 12:40:24 am
WTF.

Also, dammit, I want my free entertainment updated in the AM Eastern time. Is that too much to ask?
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: lprkn on February 23, 2008, 12:54:16 am
When east coast offices that I need to call start staying open 3 hours later, maybe we'll talk.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 23, 2008, 01:00:43 am
WTF.

Also, dammit, I want my free entertainment updated in the AM Eastern time. Is that too much to ask?

Try living 5 hours later than EST. Can't hardly call anybody unless you come to work three hours early.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: V-Adore on February 23, 2008, 10:22:01 pm
I'm vaguely amused that this strip has managed to cause a giant hullabaloo on Assbar, and even the typical arguing about Whether Or Not Achewood Is Any Good on a site reporting on the Assbar hullabaloo (http://www.journalfen.net/community/fandom_wank/1141594.html), but almost nothing here. We are The Most Sanguine Dudes In Town.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: Doc on February 23, 2008, 11:23:53 pm
I'm vaguely amused that this strip has managed to cause a giant hullabaloo on Assbar, and even the typical arguing about Whether Or Not Achewood Is Any Good on a site reporting on the Assbar hullabaloo (http://www.journalfen.net/community/fandom_wank/1141594.html), but almost nothing here. We are The Most Sanguine Dudes In Town.

What? Randomness like this is what makes Achewood good.
What are they complaining about, the strip was not Ray-centric enough?
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: theinevitable on February 23, 2008, 11:56:02 pm
quite frankly, when there is something that I consider really good, and get a lot of enjoyment out of, and I don't have any trouble understanding it... and someone tells me it's Stupid and Hard to Understand and Just a Bunch of Noise or whatever...
well, that is one of the situations where I say "no. you're wrong. it's good."

I can handle "I don't like it," or "it's not my thing." Once you start presenting things like "it doesn't make sense" as facts, I decide that I am right and you are wrong.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: AugustWest on February 24, 2008, 01:22:13 am
I'm vaguely amused that this strip has managed to cause a giant hullabaloo on Assbar, and even the typical arguing about Whether Or Not Achewood Is Any Good on a site reporting on the Assbar hullabaloo (http://www.journalfen.net/community/fandom_wank/1141594.html), but almost nothing here. We are The Most Sanguine Dudes In Town.

I'm taking a can away from you because you made me go look at the stupid-ass bar.

I gave it back because you're generally pretty awesome.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: colmore on February 24, 2008, 09:10:34 am
Isn't the fact that we all regularly consume incapacitating quantities of an addictive substance which is fatal upon overdose in regular social settings a little odd?  Cheers anyway.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: wombat on February 24, 2008, 04:21:23 pm
Isn't the fact that we all regularly consume incapacitating quantities of an addictive substance which is fatal upon overdose in regular social settings a little odd?  Cheers anyway.

You know, they've gradually figured out that most of things that we thought separated us from the rest of the animal kingdom aren't really true - tool use and so on - but I think you've finally hit on it.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 24, 2008, 05:28:30 pm
We're living in a world/society that has evolved faster than we can evolve with it and we need to dull the pain of not being able to fit into this thing that we ourselves created. No moresies, no lessies.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: theinevitable on February 24, 2008, 06:25:57 pm
yeah. um. I am always pretty aware of the fact that I am trying to trick my body into not vomiting up or spitting out poison.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: Doc on February 24, 2008, 11:31:02 pm
That and we are all hard wired to crave dopamine rushes and are technologically advanced enough that we can trigger them at will.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: colmore on February 25, 2008, 12:51:14 pm
I mean... not just poison though.  It's a drug.  A pretty damn hard drug too, just looking at the numbers.  If heroin were available in diluted, drinkable doses, it really wouldn't be different at all.  Cough syrup is healthier than booze and is a well... more interesting... high, you just can't get away with it in public.

I've been thinking a lot that the long term effect of total drug legalization / socialization would be among many other things people becoming a lot more realistic about where alcohol stands in relation to things that are so dangerous we will lock people in a box for thirty years if they sell them.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 25, 2008, 04:32:38 pm
I stand by the idea that if you take a baseline of alcohol abuse and compare it against and equivalent amount of marijuana abuse, you are talking about a small fraction of the damage that alcohol abuse would imbue you with...

I've never seen an intelligent argument otherwise.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: jay-ell on February 25, 2008, 05:07:55 pm
Maybe this will piss off Onstad and he'll get rid of assbar and come back to us. 
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: colmore on February 25, 2008, 09:15:17 pm
I'm not telling anyone not to drink (though these are thoughts that I've had since quitting because of interaction with medication -- otherwise I'd still be beating my liver with a bat) just that the judgement and condemnation that people heap on other addictive drugs is bullshit in comparison.

Oh but yeah, weed?  Aside from the baseline bad of inhaling a bunch of solid carbon, shit does less to you than Tylenol.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: lprkn on February 26, 2008, 01:18:51 am
That modern man is a genius...man.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: AugustWest on February 26, 2008, 01:32:01 am
It is no longer late am OR early PM.  Even on the West Coast.

Dammit.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: Golfhaus on February 26, 2008, 11:49:42 pm
I know technically it's still afternoon where he is, but I'm seeing Charlie Gibson on TV, and he don't host World News This Afternoon With Charlie Gibson.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: Drastic Action on February 27, 2008, 12:00:18 am
Tuesday afternoon: Chicken.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: AugustWest on February 27, 2008, 12:55:46 am
Hey, he didn't say which Tuesday.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on February 27, 2008, 01:21:03 am
I thought when I moved to the West Coast that these "Strip in the afternoon" waits would be less infuriating. THEY ARE NOT.

Why you gotta do a thing, Onstad.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 27, 2008, 03:41:06 am
Breaking News: Onstad Has A Cold.
Let us Pray for the Onstads in this time of crisis and need. God Bless.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: AugustWest on February 27, 2008, 08:07:05 pm
Man, if he's got that kennel-cough cold that's been going around I actually feel sorry for dude.

That crap lasts for a month before you stop sputtering and mucous-ing.

Yeah, I had it (or something similar).  Sick as hell for a week, residual phlegm for two more.  Yuck. 

Fine.  Now my attitude to Onstad has gone from pissy to sympathetic in one post.

Virii.  Those fuck*ng guys.
Title: Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
Post by: Golfhaus on February 27, 2008, 11:02:44 pm
I blame Cocktail Recipes.