The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on February 25, 2008, 06:20:25 pm

Title: art has reached its apex, hosannah hallelujah hooray
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 25, 2008, 06:20:25 pm
(http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/images/colbert.jpg)
Title: Re: art has reached its apex, hosannah hallelujah hooray
Post by: wombat on February 25, 2008, 07:13:57 pm
This reminds me I ought to go down to the Portrait Gallery and see the painting of him that's hanging outside the rest rooms. Because, you know, I am all about experiencing the cultural activities.
Title: Re: art has reached its apex, hosannah hallelujah hooray
Post by: CortJstr on February 25, 2008, 07:39:35 pm
This reminds me I ought to go down to the Portrait Gallery and see the painting of him that's hanging outside the rest rooms. Because, you know, I am all about experiencing the cultural activities.

It's only there until 4/1 and is apparently drawing crowds. I also want to see Frogs: A Chorus of Colors at the Nat'l Geographic building so I think I'm going to make a double-feature of it.

My sister-in-law's boss bought Colbert's double-portrait from the first season.
Title: Re: art has reached its apex, hosannah hallelujah hooray
Post by: wombat on February 25, 2008, 08:41:52 pm
I also want to see Frogs: A Chorus of Colors at the Nat'l Geographic building so I think I'm going to make a double-feature of it.

Yes!  This is a fantastic exhibit. And I don't say this because I'm working with a piece of it for a couple hours once a week. It has 99% nothing to do with me.

Title: Re: art has reached its apex, hosannah hallelujah hooray
Post by: Mr Trout on February 25, 2008, 10:54:33 pm
I actually went and saw this on Saturday - it was very cool. They had one large exhibit containing many different species with cameras you could control and zoom in on certain frogs. I amused myself by continually zooming in on two frogs that kinda looked like they were humping.

I also went to the Baltimore Aquarium a few weeks ago and saw their frog exhibit (what can I saw, I love frogs). I love the really huge ones (I think there was one called a tomato frog?) that just sit there looking like bumpy pancakes.
Title: Re: art has reached its apex, hosannah hallelujah hooray
Post by: wombat on February 25, 2008, 11:10:45 pm
Yes! That's my exhibit!

two frogs that kinda looked like they were humping.

They probably were but, you know, no internal fertilization - how much fun can it be?

(Note: Colbert to frog sex in five posts.)
Title: Re: art has reached its apex, hosannah hallelujah hooray
Post by: CortJstr on February 25, 2008, 11:28:44 pm
We were going to see Frogs on Saturday but opted for Collector's Select instead because it closes sooner. CS is totally worth the trip for anybody in the area and is free.