The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on February 29, 2008, 12:37:14 pm

Title: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: wombat on February 29, 2008, 12:37:14 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02292008 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02292008)

Happy Leap Day, and Dog c*ck Medicine Friday.

Argh, damn the filters! Can't they at least leave the thread titles unscathed?
Title: Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: V-Adore on February 29, 2008, 12:42:05 pm
This feels very much like a dredged-from-the-Scraps-folder one-off, but it's kinda funny nonetheless. I like the weird Teodor ass shot.
Title: Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: CortJstr on February 29, 2008, 01:51:56 pm
Who uses the fridge in the nude. Your dangly parts get cold.

I'm actually surprised that Teodor even has jarred hossradish. I figured he'd go all Alton on us and grate his own and only spread it on artisan breads and the kinds of dairy products one can only find at Cheesetique.
Title: Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 29, 2008, 02:32:30 pm
What the hell is dog cock medicine?
Title: Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: Doc on February 29, 2008, 02:58:05 pm
One day, when you need it, you'll know.
Title: Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: Undertoad on February 29, 2008, 03:31:05 pm
This strip is broken.  When the dude says it tastes like dog penls medicine, and then grabs the bottle and it says dog penls medicine, dude can't then assume that it was some sort of weird hossradish.

Also, every Achewood is about food and every other Achewood is about a character developing some kind of entrepreneurial thing, and now, for the second time in weeks, we have a character combining the two.  Lyle was just selling coffee to perverts the other day... I don't mind Onstad taking cues from his own life as clearly he is an entrepreneurial foodie.  I'm just scared that he's falling into a rut.

Title: Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: Ben-San on February 29, 2008, 03:43:02 pm
This strip is broken.  When the dude says it tastes like dog penls medicine, and then grabs the bottle and it says dog penls medicine, dude can't then assume that it was some sort of weird hossradish.

He can when the panel where he's assaulting Teodor is the same color as the thought balloon forming in the panel before it and dissolving in the subsequent panel.

It threw me off a little, but it's not like an internal-single-strip-continuity error.
Title: Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 29, 2008, 04:01:42 pm
I dunno, though.

I know some people who are so messed-up about haute cuisine that they would love a hossradish that tasted like dog cock medicine as long as it wasn't ACTUALLY dog cock medicine.

There are people out there actually like that.

...most of them live in Los Angeles, no doubt, but they do exist.

EDIT: I mean, there are a lot of cheeses and mushrooms that smell and taste like sweaty corpses that... as long as they are not ACTUALLY sweaty corpses... are considered delicacies. People eat blue cheese, people'll eat Prospector Pete's Super-Hot "Dog Cock Medicine" hossradish.

I'm... I'm just saying here.
Title: Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: jaydub on February 29, 2008, 04:06:46 pm
I'm trying to imagine a situation where you have to spread medicine on your dog's cack with a butter knife.  The good thing about dogs is that they're so used to indignity that the scenario is possible.  Unlike putting a suppository in your cat, say.
Title: Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: wombat on February 29, 2008, 04:13:22 pm
He can when the panel where he's assaulting Teodor is the same color as the thought balloon forming in the panel before it and dissolving in the subsequent panel.

Oh! See, this is why you need an expert in the genre to interpret literature, sometimes. Especially when one reads the strip too early in the morning.

Speaking of which it is definitely true that there is a whole genre of hot sauce names in which 'dog c*ck medicine' (WITHOUT the damn filter) would only stand out slightly.
Title: Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: wombat on February 29, 2008, 04:26:08 pm
Another thought: Who that Teodor and Lyle live with owns a dog named Ricky?
Title: Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 29, 2008, 04:27:35 pm
...Ricky don't lose that number...
Title: Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: jay-ell on February 29, 2008, 04:43:53 pm
If he'd had T selling a sandwich to Darryl CUNT, it would have been perfect. 
Title: Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 29, 2008, 05:30:46 pm
I'm trying to imagine a situation where you have to spread medicine on your dog's cack with a butter knife.  The good thing about dogs is that they're so used to indignity that the scenario is possible.  Unlike putting a suppository in your cat, say.
You havent seen that webpage?
Title: Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: jaydub on February 29, 2008, 08:26:04 pm
Oh, its out there I'm sure.  Fortunately I have "moderate safe-search" set for Google, so I won't come across it accidentally.
Title: Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: melack on February 29, 2008, 11:57:52 pm
Moderate safe-search? That's basically like telling Google, "Please don't ever let me stumble upon hidden treasures."
Title: Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: Doc on March 01, 2008, 12:25:01 am
Are you feeling lucky?
Title: Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: jaydub on March 01, 2008, 01:10:27 am
My work environment is pretty cool - but even they would find cause to frown at some of the muck an unfiltered GIS dredges up.  Now, when I'm at home, I let the chips fall where they may.  Though if my daughter sneaks up and catches an eyeful, I'll have some 'splainin to do.
Title: Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 01, 2008, 02:57:44 am
Quote from: jldunston
Darryl CUNT

Oh, Mysterious Filters, how you confound me.
Title: Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
Post by: jough on March 01, 2008, 04:53:16 am
Jaydub, please don't try to get around the censors.