The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on March 03, 2008, 02:10:23 am

Title: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
Post by: wombat on March 03, 2008, 02:10:23 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03032008 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03032008)

OK, I'll start the thread if no one else is going to, but I have a policy that it's safer not to comment on Nice Pete.
Title: Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
Post by: AugustWest on March 03, 2008, 02:13:07 am
Wow.  That was disturbing.
Title: Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 03, 2008, 02:16:29 am
nice pete knows my ex girlfriend.
Title: Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 03, 2008, 02:18:09 am
Interestingly, most men... myself included... look like special monkeys designed for lifting boxes to me.

Only women look, like, actually human, dudes look more like... crude but functional devices.
Title: Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
Post by: oball on March 03, 2008, 02:54:09 am
I resent that description. 


I have no function whatsoever.
Title: Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on March 03, 2008, 03:42:31 am
It's nice to see Onstad is back in fine form. Also, a can for the correct thread title.
Title: Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 03, 2008, 03:57:34 am
Guess that whole Mister Band/iMurder thing is water under the bridge.
Title: Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
Post by: V-Adore on March 03, 2008, 12:33:45 pm
Well, Hell, Nice Pete doesn't necessarily mean anything by a murder attempt. He'd murder dead things if science would let him. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02092005)

Anyway, yes, this strip is creepy as fuck, but in an awesome way.
Title: Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
Post by: elfbabe on March 03, 2008, 04:45:18 pm
I sent a friend a recipe for vaguely Thai-like noodles a little while ago and gave a link to Nice Pete's "cold noodles" blog entry (http://peterhcropes.blogspot.com/2007/11/cold-noodles.html) as a sort of comparison thing. He hadn't read Achewood in a while and never really kept up with the blogs, so he forgot that he was reading the words of a fictional cat and was briefly terrified.

I feel like that right now.
Title: Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
Post by: jaydub on March 03, 2008, 09:06:10 pm
Nice Pete's "cold noodles" blog entry (http://peterhcropes.blogspot.com/2007/11/cold-noodles.html)
Pickled chorizo?

Pickled chorizo?

It was uncanny the first time I read that blog entry, and I'm still baffled by the concept.  Is there a jar filled with brine, next to the pickled pigs feet and pickled eggs, with morose lengths of spicy mexican sausage incubating over the passing years, mathematically approaching infinity on the saltiness scale?
Title: Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on March 03, 2008, 10:06:29 pm
Women as horrible screaming voids?  Has Nice Pete been reading Dave Sim (http://www.theabsolute.net/misogyny/sim.html)?

"If you look at [a woman] and see anything besides emptiness, fear and emotional hunger, you are looking at the parts of yourself which have been consumed to that point."
Title: Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
Post by: pmcd9 on March 03, 2008, 10:29:13 pm
He'd murder dead things if science would let him. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02092005)

This strip seemed pretty good until I read this and remembered how good Achewood could be.

Also, of course it's the correct title, Wombat is the arbiter in these matters.
Title: Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
Post by: Death Ray on March 04, 2008, 12:43:24 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03032008 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03032008)

OK, I'll start the thread if no one else is going to, but I have a policy that it's safer not to comment on Nice Pete.

I'm still waiting to hear Focus on the Family's response to Pete's rejiggering of the Bible to include Ray as savior. I can't believe none of the Republican candidates were ever asked to comment on that.
Title: Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 04, 2008, 02:26:26 am
Interestingly, my mental picture of Dave Sim IS Nice Pete, now.

I cannot imagine Cerebus being driven by anyone other than Nice Pete. It's... kinda neat.
Title: Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
Post by: JorgeFabregas on March 04, 2008, 05:00:23 am
How does this "clear area" thing work?
Title: Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
Post by: lprkn on March 04, 2008, 05:09:41 am
I took it as a blank, just representing an unknown. Nice Pete's problem is shared by many web cartoonists these days.