The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Asherdan on October 30, 2003, 11:47:43 pm

Title: Oh no I grew pubes (10-30-03)
Post by: Asherdan on October 30, 2003, 11:47:43 pm
(https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s---uBhIrEa--/oqil2ysvksn6vmluk2of.gif)



Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10302003).
Title: Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
Post by: V-Adore on October 30, 2003, 11:49:30 pm
Nice Pete's dad appears to be a similarly scary mofo, honestly.

That, and the continuously, eternally weepin' eye... sheesh. Poor Nice Pete.

(Poor Nice Pete is not a phrase I thought I'd actually type. Huh.)
Title: Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
Post by: CortJstr on October 31, 2003, 01:31:30 am
I wonder how many bibles they had laying around that house
Title: Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
Post by: Choop on October 31, 2003, 03:04:31 am
Teen Nice Pete's musculature in this strip is superb. Onstad's minimalist artistry is really improving, especially with such small details. I'm just glad his stock character set hasn't become the comic, like Max Cannon's has with Red Meat.

Not that Red Meat's not funny, but really, we only need one Red Meat in the world. Naturally, it would be better if it were a daily; still, I imagine he's got enough syndicators to maintain a respectable standard of living on one strip a week.
Title: Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
Post by: bluebird_of_unhappiness on October 31, 2003, 04:18:43 am
(Sing to the tune of Beverly Hillbillies.)

Oh, let me tell you a story 'bout kid named Pete
Had to shoot the dog to keep the family on their feet
His mama always cries, and papa's head keeps gettin' smaller
No! Pete is growing pubics, now his dad is gonna hawler



Did I just write that?  I am so sorry.
Title: Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
Post by: doomglobe on October 31, 2003, 07:34:14 am
well ol' petes outside all a'shootin' fer the dog
when around pulls a sherrif lookin jus' like boss hog,
(pig, that is, five - oh, bacon - meat)
well next thing you know ol petes murdereer,
and all of the kinfolk sayin git on out a here
you really oughta git out of this neighborhood
so he packed up the truck and moved to ACHEWOOD
Title: Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
Post by: jough on October 31, 2003, 07:56:54 am
I have not the words.

Bravo.
Title: Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
Post by: jay-ell on October 31, 2003, 05:30:54 pm
Is nobody else scandalised by the fact that a family of cats owns a dog?!?!
Title: Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 31, 2003, 06:30:43 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
Is nobody else scandalised by the fact that a family of cats owns a dog?!?!


The other way around would make WAY LESS sense.
Title: Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
Post by: jough on October 31, 2003, 07:13:22 pm
In the Warner Bros. Looney Tunes cartoon "Feed the Kitty" the dog, Marc Anthony, was allowed to keep a little kitten as a pet.

I'm just saying, there's cartoon canon to back this up.

And I guess I just revealed something about myself by mentioning this reference.
Title: Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
Post by: andalucia on November 01, 2003, 03:28:33 pm
Not by making the reference, jough, because I and probably most of us know that cartoon, but by knowing it's name and that of the main character.
Title: Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
Post by: jough on November 01, 2003, 06:38:05 pm
Well, in my defence, I just received the new Looney Tunes 4-DVD collection and had watched that particular short before replying to message board posts.

I guess that's less impressive than remembering it from childhood.
Title: Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
Post by: CortJstr on November 02, 2003, 08:19:15 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
Is nobody else scandalised by the fact that a family of cats owns a dog?!?!


This is like trying to figure out the Goofy-dog/Pluto-dog Conundrum
Title: Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
Post by: andalucia on November 02, 2003, 09:16:24 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

This is like trying to figure out the Goofy-dog/Pluto-dog Conundrum


Shudder.  So creepy.
Title: Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
Post by: jough on November 02, 2003, 09:21:31 pm
Gawrsh.
Title: Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
Post by: Doctor Vendetta on November 07, 2003, 08:22:35 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Is nobody else scandalised by the fact that a family of cats owns a dog?!?!


This is like trying to figure out the Goofy-dog/Pluto-dog Conundrum


Clearly Goofy is a more highly evolved species of dog (Canis sapiens) than Pluto who is merely a domestic animal (Canis familiaris).