The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on March 06, 2008, 03:22:34 am

Title: I am not an auditory thinker.
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 06, 2008, 03:22:34 am
On Wed Mar 5, 22:19 EST, I finally realized that, during the GOF thread, the uncle's exclamation of Ar'rosto Beef is actually the phrase Roast Beef spoken in a stereotypically Greek accent. Prior to this I had assumed Ar'rosto was some sort of Greek term of endearment. This is what happens when I have no internal monologue. Sound is not important to me.
Title: Re: I am not an auditory thinker.
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 06, 2008, 03:28:00 am
Oddly, I have to concentrate like a madman to mentally picture anything.

Nearly all of my usual mental functions are expressed in "sounds" or text unless I really try.

Text more often than not.
Title: Re: I am not an auditory thinker.
Post by: wombat on March 06, 2008, 01:28:41 pm
That happens to me sometimes too. I put it down to being a really good reader. I don't have to sound things out, you know?

At least, that way I feel less stupid about it.