The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: pubdoggy on March 07, 2008, 01:51:55 pm

Title: The Achewood High Roller Program
Post by: pubdoggy on March 07, 2008, 01:51:55 pm
Hi y'all.

Look:

http://www.achewood.com/shop/patrons.php (http://www.achewood.com/shop/patrons.php)

Thoughts?

What, me? Yeah - I'm donating.

All the best.
Title: Re: The Achewood High Roller Program
Post by: Turbo Ninja on March 07, 2008, 02:11:56 pm
My first thought was "I'm glad the top-level starts at $101 and not much, much higher because then I'd be forced to pay more for all the good stuff."

Yes, I'm coughing up at least $101.
Title: Re: The Achewood High Roller Program
Post by: wombat on March 07, 2008, 02:32:36 pm
I think there's a little false advertising in the list of things that Achewood provides:

Quote
The AssetBar commenting system, The User Community Which Filters Out Morons™

I am idiotically tempted by the opportunity to be titled "Knucklehead since small times." But why do I have to tell Ray what year I was born to get a birthday card?
Title: Re: The Achewood High Roller Program
Post by: Doc on March 07, 2008, 02:51:25 pm
"Nearly 1,400 double-length, multiple-award winning comics of indescribable lyrical beauty"

False humility is not one of the 'Stad's sins, know what I'm saying? I'm not saying he's wrong mind you...

Not sure what to make of this, I'll consider it next time I got some cash floating around, certainly be worth it to get the subscriber content and feeling of total elitism.
Title: Re: The Achewood High Roller Program
Post by: CortJstr on March 07, 2008, 02:59:00 pm
Ray has already called me a knucklehead since small times in one of the books. VI, I think. Does that mean I get promoted to that status for free?

Also, I wish I'd seen this before I already shelled out for VIII personalized. Maybe I could get a strip instead.
Title: Re: The Achewood High Roller Program
Post by: Formica on March 07, 2008, 05:17:13 pm
Baby needs a new pair of orthopedic shoes time, eh?

"and to support our growing family" = I would guess they have another child on the way.
Title: Re: The Achewood High Roller Program
Post by: Golfhaus on March 07, 2008, 11:11:18 pm
I think there's a little false advertising in the list of things that Achewood provides

Yeah, the AssBar thing made me laugh. Also:

Quote
Twelve regularly-udpated [sic] blogs, with over 1,000 archived entries

As of 7 March:

Ray: January 16, 2008
Beef: February 6, 2008
Pat: November 8, 2007
Teodor: February 13, 2008
Philippe: March 5, 2008
Mr. Bear: February 20, 2008
Lyle: February 20, 2008
Molly: February 19, 2008
Chris: March 4, 2008
Nice Pete: January 2, 2008
Little Nephew: December 4, 2007
Emeril: May 12, 2006

More like seven fairly-updated blogs and five that Onstad has forgotten the passwords for. And one of those for a character Onstad forgot he created.
Title: Re: The Achewood High Roller Program
Post by: V-Adore on March 08, 2008, 02:50:10 am
Hmmm. Time to think about this.
Title: Re: The Achewood High Roller Program
Post by: wombat on March 08, 2008, 03:18:11 am
"and to support our growing family" = I would guess they have another child on the way.


Or another puppy?
Title: Re: The Achewood High Roller Program
Post by: jay-ell on March 08, 2008, 05:18:15 pm
More like seven fairly-updated blogs and five that Onstad has forgotten the passwords for. And one of those for a character Onstad forgot he created.

He's trying to create a sense of realism. 

Says the lady whose personal blog hasn't been updated since 2005. 
Title: Re: The Achewood High Roller Program
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 08, 2008, 06:40:09 pm
I think he is realizing he will encounter obstacles trying to send a kid to college and support a family into retirement for the indefinite future by drawing cats on the internet. Whatever the motivation it seems to be working. When I checked last night there were no donors in the lowest bracket and 12 in the highest bracket ($100+).