The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on March 12, 2008, 12:54:53 pm
-
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03112008
Ray still gets bills in the mail? The hell? Beef hasn't set him up with automatic deductions? Come on dude, you need to get into the late 90's here.
I want to see Ray go to Japan next just to see him add yen signs to his signature.
-
When I first glanced at this strip, before even taking in any of the words, my eyes gravitated to the little hovel in the fourth panel. Immediately, my thought was, "Oh. Ray is upset with himself after the Disneyland debacle and has moved into a cottage upon some wind-blasted heath as penance."
And that was... exactly what the strip was about. I'm not exactly sure what this says about my mind.
-
Yeah, sometimes I forget that Onstad can draw him hell of architecture when he has a mind to.
Good call on the title though, not a lot of stand-outs here.
-
If he had the mail held, how is Beef going to get his letters? That kitchen trash is going to be an unholy nightmare by the time he gets back.
-
Presumably Beef's unit has it's own mailbox and unit number despite being on Ray's property.
-
Ray tried having his bills sent electronically but he found that it filled his head with ideas that overwhelmed him and started demanding bills hand-written by the heads of the companies.
-
Yeah, sometimes I forget that Onstad can draw him hell of architecture when he has a mind to.
Good call on the title though, not a lot of stand-outs here.
I'd say that either "a humble little place where the soil comes halfway up the walls outside" or "£££R£££" would have been just as acceptable, if not moreso. "£££R£££" does sort of look like the transliteration of some horrible unearthly screech incapable of being adequately represented by our language when I type it out like that, though.
-
A perfect illustration of Ray's personality. He makes a big symbolic show of how sorry he is for making Beef endure Disneyland by flying (first class, no doubt) to some remote village in England and staying in a quaint moss-covered shack. Oh, the anguish he must feel! Sending handwritten letters back to the states chronicling his journey into The Dark Night Of The Soul. Just like Edgar frickin' Allan frickin' Poe, dude! But his letters betray his true, self-centered, scatter-brained, narcissistic nature. Ray is, as usual, all hat, no cattle.
This brings up an interesting topic -- who in Achewood has the most tragically flawed personality? Who is the least flawed? In terms of "most tragically flawed", in what order would you rank the top (bottom?) five?
P.S. -- A friend of mine (and fellow Achewood aficionado), just IM'd me, "maybe Ray is all cat, no hattle."
-
Certainly this was a resolution that could cover more than a simple six-hundo.
-
Ray is, as usual, all hat, no cattle.
P.S. -- A friend of mine (and fellow Achewood aficionado), just IM'd me, "maybe Ray is all cat, no hattle."
I was going to accuse you of making this expression up, but Google says no, people actually say this, sometimes in the news. Who knew?
-
I was going to accuse you of making this expression up, but Google says no, people actually say this, sometimes in the news. Who knew?
I think it's a good idea to accuse people of making up what turn out to be not uncommon expressions anyway.
-
I think its an even better idea to devote oneself to making up next fake turns of phrase.
"What's wrong with you, you look all gawed-out?"
"I'm just saying, I think you own too many ducks, metaphorically speaking."
"And if my aunt had nuts, she'd... be some kind of rare non-sterile hermaphrodite."
Etc.
-
Idiom Shortage Leaves Nation All Sewed Up In hoss Pies (http://www.theonion.com/content/news/idiom_shortage_leaves_nation_all)
-
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03112008
Ray still gets bills in the mail? The hell? Beef hasn't set him up with automatic deductions? Come on dude, you need to get into the late 90's here.
I want to see Ray go to Japan next just to see him add yen signs to his signature.
Hmmmm. Given his use of dollar signs while conversing with Beef (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09102004) this could definitely be "Ray is Money" in another country. But me, I'd thought he was "giving his dogg a pound" via letter, hence the pounds. It's an exciting time.
-
Hmmmm. Given his use of dollar signs while conversing with Beef (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09102004) this could definitely be "Ray is Money" in another country. But me, I'd thought he was "giving his dogg a pound" via letter, hence the pounds. It's an exciting time.
I thought it was just the british version of his regular signature: -=Ray=-