The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Choop on March 13, 2008, 09:30:50 pm

Title: prodigal?
Post by: Choop on March 13, 2008, 09:30:50 pm
Hey everybody, how you all doin?

LORD A MITEY it's been a long while. Somebody got me hooked on this Cyber Nations game and it's basically like treasure to me, I've gotten pretty good at it.

Anyhow, I moved last summer from Atlanta to Commiefornia, more specifically Santa Monica, and this weather leaves me all kerfluffled. I mean I'd heard stories but I thought I was just havin my chain yanked.

So anyway I'm gonna try to be less of a stranger now, I'm all caught up on the strip and just can't bring myself to care about the blogs any more.


Later skaters!
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: jaydub on March 13, 2008, 09:34:05 pm
Hey everybody, how you all doin?
LORD A MITEY it's been a long while.
Another Left Coaster.  You realize you're now hated by Oregonians and Washingtonians, right?

Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: Choop on March 13, 2008, 09:41:35 pm
yeah, i still ain't adjusted to being out here in cali. i don't see why oregon and washington folks would hold anything against me though- i've only been out here like nine months. i ain't even met any of them!
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: CortJstr on March 13, 2008, 10:01:24 pm
You did get a mafia name while you were gone. Of course we expect you to pull a Q and read every single post since you've been gone in order to find it the hard way.
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: Choop on March 13, 2008, 10:33:08 pm
oh jesus i'm all kinds of lost in the lingo

all phrases flutterin past and over my head
all confused and icky-feelin in my tummy
all wonderin if i can ever feel right again
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 13, 2008, 10:45:54 pm
My only thing against Santa Monica, as a fellow resident of Los Angle-ese County, is that there is pretty much never a point in time out there when the traffic is not awful. Yes, the whole West LA thing is more upscale and ocean-cooled but...

Y'know, up here in the Valley, at least the traffic's only bad at the rush hours.
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 13, 2008, 10:47:16 pm
Living in Monterey Bay was the greatest time of my life. Unfortunately, I dont think a recent grad would be able to move in. Also, communists.
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 13, 2008, 10:50:32 pm
Also, while you were gone, it became mandatory to join this year's Pretend Baseball league.

Just... just a heads-up there. haha.
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: Choop on March 13, 2008, 11:05:01 pm
see the thing about the westside is, if you don't leave the westside you don't have to worry about orful traffic.

basically i walk everywhere except work, where i drive my scooter for like two miles

don't even try to talk me into going downtown though, not unless you mean early on sunday for dim sum in chinatown
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: wombat on March 13, 2008, 11:24:14 pm
Anyhow, I moved last summer from Atlanta to Commiefornia, more specifically Santa Monica, and this weather leaves me all kerfluffled. I mean I'd heard stories but I thought I was just havin my chain yanked.

I'm so jealous!

Yeah, before I had ever been to California, people would tell me that it was hot there but not humid. And I would ask them if they thought I was born yesterday, because obviously there was no such thing as heat without humidity.

Oh God, and that was the very definition of blissful ignorance.
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: theinevitable on March 13, 2008, 11:28:16 pm
I am pretty convinced that if I moved to California I would be permanently happy. I know that this is not true, but my heart believes it.

The weather, you see. That kind of weather, where it is sunny with a nice breeze and not too humid. That weather is imprinted deep in my brain as How it Should Be, and every day when I wake up and that isn't the weather outside I feel cheated. Because, you see, for the first 4 years of my life it was like that every day.
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 13, 2008, 11:34:21 pm
Well, here's the flipside, though. When you can basically never feel crappy about the weather, you have a lot more time to feel crappy about yourself.
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: Choop on March 13, 2008, 11:48:10 pm
Ain't that the truth! However, I also can reconcile that with the fact that I'm selling my skills, not my body, to pay my bills.
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: Doc on March 13, 2008, 11:49:21 pm
Be that as it may Choop, my  offer still stands.

Good to see you back though.
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: jaydub on March 13, 2008, 11:56:39 pm
Living in Monterey Bay was the greatest time of my life.
Otters are terrible roommates.  They leave their whacking stones all over the place and never make their beds.  Also, abalone farts.
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: jay-ell on March 14, 2008, 12:10:13 am
*heart*
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: Lister on March 14, 2008, 01:49:54 am
Yes, California is seriously best when you live within a few miles of the coast and you don't have to use the freeways ever.  Also, taco stands.

We have a crazy weatherman here who rates the days on a scale of "average" to "wonderful."

This post was written to the tune California Sun.
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: pmcd9 on March 14, 2008, 06:52:46 am
Hi Choop.  You have been missed.  Welcome back. 
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: Choop on March 14, 2008, 10:00:25 pm
hiya JL and Paul! hope you guys have been f-f-f-frickin' awesome in my absence.
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: jay-ell on March 14, 2008, 10:48:12 pm
hiya JL and Paul! hope you guys have been f-f-f-frickin' awesome in my absence.

I had another kid!
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: Doc on March 15, 2008, 08:18:06 am
I had another kid!

I bet it's a whole lot of fun springing that one on people you haven't seen in a year or two.
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: Pedro Picasso on March 18, 2008, 05:09:21 pm
I bet it's a whole lot of fun springing that one on people you haven't seen in a year or two.

Not as much fun as telling them you've changed genders.

I changed back.  The magazine selection wasn't very good on that side.
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: jay-ell on March 18, 2008, 06:15:45 pm
I changed back.  The magazine selection wasn't very good on that side.

Whatever.  I'll take Real Simple (http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple/homepage/flash/0,23022,,00.shtml) over Complex  (http://www.complex.com/)any day of the week. 
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: melack on March 18, 2008, 10:53:08 pm
Another Left Coaster.  You realize you're now hated by Oregonians and Washingtonians, right?



I moved from Washington to California last year. Does that mean I hate... myself ...? Nah. Only if I lived in Southern California.
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 19, 2008, 05:28:14 pm
Chooooooooop.

'sssup.
Title: Re: prodigal?
Post by: side_show on March 26, 2008, 02:16:05 am
Oh Chooooooop.  I still say "choop-oop-ee-doop" in my head when I see you here.  Hi.