The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on March 14, 2008, 09:22:49 pm

Title: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: CortJstr on March 14, 2008, 09:22:49 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03142008

I would've gone with the folding chair line but I didn't want to ruin it for anybody who saw the thread before the strip. Because it would be hell of crass for me to ruin such an awesome instance of Beef bringing the wicked sack.
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: theinevitable on March 14, 2008, 09:29:58 pm
man, what's Onstad's deal. He is posting at hell of weird times lately.
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: jaydub on March 14, 2008, 09:31:26 pm
This reminds me of the story I read in the paper a week or so ago where there was a drive-by at a wedding reception.  Two shot, one killed (neither were bride nor groom, thankfully).  Still, how's that for wedding memories?  The cops caught the gunmen a few blocks away (the timeline presented in the paper didn't make a whole lot of sense to me) and although they were both gang members, its not clear whether the motive for the drive-by was gang related.  Weird.
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: AugustWest on March 14, 2008, 09:49:40 pm
Law + Lash = Beef
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 14, 2008, 09:57:19 pm
Where can I score some of this mexican detergent?
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: wombat on March 14, 2008, 10:09:36 pm
Mexican brain detergent. Now that would have been a thread title.

Is "Fools rush in" really the name of that song? Education, I guess.
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: mrdna1 on March 14, 2008, 10:30:11 pm
angry Beef is always such a welcome sight.

I'm still kind of curious about the wedding, though ... I seem to remember that Molly had issues getting a job and/or with other things since she's still legally dead. is it possible to marry a dead person, or did that part go the way of the Underground?
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: Golfhaus on March 14, 2008, 10:40:53 pm
Just when you think Showbiz can't prove any further that he has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, he shows he's still got more in the tank. Excellent strip. I like the way this is going.
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: colmore on March 14, 2008, 10:59:27 pm
Reeeeeal Weird.  Like creepy weird. I'm on an Elvis kick right now and was listening to this song as checked to see if the comic was updated.
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: lprkn on March 14, 2008, 11:22:20 pm
A folding chair, no matter what it's made of, does not go "whack. It's usually "Bwanng" or somesuch to my ears. I think that the strip would have been better with no sound effects, just the song, and the spreading pool of blood under Showbiz's head.

This strip was money. Great way to start the weekend.
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: Golfhaus on March 14, 2008, 11:33:40 pm
I will say this: When someone decides to give Achewood the Lasagna Cat treatment, this is going to be a real interesting one.
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: colmore on March 14, 2008, 11:40:30 pm
The folding chairs at every wedding I've ever been to were made of whitewashed wood.  I think that would be a "whack" as the folding bits clack against each other at the same moment talking cat flesh is impacted.
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: melack on March 15, 2008, 12:38:07 am
This strip basically ends the same as There Will Be Blood.
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 15, 2008, 01:35:37 am
I would definitely go to more weddings if I got to beat the shit out of people during "Fools Rush In".

Particularly, whoever it was that picked that song.
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: Doc on March 15, 2008, 08:17:00 am
Before I read the strip I just saw the last few panels and my first thought was that this was an act booked by the same guy that brought us cartilage head.

Angry Beef is awesome too.
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: executioneer on March 15, 2008, 08:59:18 am
(http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c44/executioneer/foolsrushin.gif)

does this sync up right, guys
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: Doc on March 15, 2008, 09:06:19 am
Good enough for me, which is to say f-f-f-f-fricken Awesome!
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on March 15, 2008, 06:39:33 pm
Is "Fools rush in" really the name of that song? Education, I guess.

The song is called "Can't Help Falling In Love". Beef should know this.
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: Golfhaus on March 16, 2008, 12:31:39 am
(http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c44/executioneer/foolsrushin.gif)

does this sync up right, guys

We have this thing around here where people with low post counts post incredible animated .gifs. This should continue.
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 16, 2008, 12:56:42 am
Oh i get it, its timed to the music.
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: Noah on March 16, 2008, 11:49:20 am
"Fools Rush In" (1940) is a popular song written by Johnny Mercer, who wrote the lyrics, and Rube Bloom, who wrote the music.

Elvis Presley recorded a version in 1972 (not to be confused with Elvis' 1961 song "Can't Help Falling in Love," which also features the lyric "Fools Rush In").

- Wikipedia

"I WILL BEAT YOU WITH A FOLDING CHAIR WHILE THE DJ PLAYS 'CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE'" doesn't have the same ring to it, though
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on March 16, 2008, 03:07:11 pm
"Fools Rush In" (1940) is a popular song written by Johnny Mercer, who wrote the lyrics, and Rube Bloom, who wrote the music.

Elvis Presley recorded a version in 1972 (not to be confused with Elvis' 1961 song "Can't Help Falling in Love," which also features the lyric "Fools Rush In").

- Wikipedia

"I WILL BEAT YOU WITH A FOLDING CHAIR WHILE THE DJ PLAYS 'CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE'" doesn't have the same ring to it, though

The line "Wise men say only fools rush in" is found only in "Can't Help Falling In Love", and not "Fools Rush In", however.

Mystery solved?
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: Noah on March 16, 2008, 09:13:12 pm
i know

there was no mystery i was just saying that he made a mistake
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on March 16, 2008, 09:43:23 pm
i know

there was no mystery i was just saying that he made a mistake

Ah, I see.

And here I thought I'd solved The CASE of the MYSTERY (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09142006).
Title: Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
Post by: executioneer on March 17, 2008, 07:07:48 am
We have this thing around here where people with low post counts post incredible animated .gifs. This should continue.

i've got a couple more here (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c44/executioneer/ACHWOOD/?albumview=link)  (link fixed?) :-[