The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: memnarch on March 16, 2008, 06:48:21 am

Title: Any Scott Pilgrim fans?
Post by: memnarch on March 16, 2008, 06:48:21 am
I recently discovered Scott Pilgrim and I'm really enjoying it. It has a similar flavor to Achewood, in that it's often bizarre, nerdy and has a certain way with words. If you don't know it yet, I highly recommend it. If you already do, please: discuss!
Title: Re: Any Scott Pilgrim fans?
Post by: nDed on March 22, 2008, 07:58:27 am
I don't really agree that Scott Pilgrim and Achewood have a similar flavor. Both have similar elements, to be sure, but I think each is written with a different sort of audience in mind. Scott Pilgrim appeals to the part of me that loves Street Fighter 2 and crummy 80's movies, while Achewood mainly gets chuckles from the part that likes brown liquors and reminding me what a terrible person I am.

But yes, I would have to second your recommendation of Scott Pilgrim. Sometimes I fantasize about meeting Bryan Lee O'Malley and finding out that he is not a huge asshole.
Title: Re: Any Scott Pilgrim fans?
Post by: memnarch on March 26, 2008, 08:49:08 pm
Do you know he's an asshole from personal experience?