The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Victoria Waterfield on March 27, 2008, 08:52:45 pm

Title: 27th March 2008 - Fuckin' A!
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on March 27, 2008, 08:52:45 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03272008

It is always nice to see Ray and Beef jointly excited about something, be it Subway, manes, or Boy George.
Title: Re: 27th March 2008 - Fuckin' A!
Post by: jay-ell on March 27, 2008, 08:56:46 pm
I'm just relieved that Boy George doesn't turn out to be Teodor's nightmare vision of a prostitute. 
Title: Re: 27th March 2008 - Fuckin' A!
Post by: wombat on March 27, 2008, 09:06:26 pm
Maybe it's been too long a day at work on too little sleep, but there's something just wonderful about this.

"I don't care if he's old and fat and dumb and makes bad decisions about being high on cocaine, the man has contributed something to the world." Isn't that what we would all like to be said about us, when it comes right down to it?
Title: Re: 27th March 2008 - Fuckin' A!
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 27, 2008, 09:10:12 pm
Quote from: Victoria Waterfield
It is always nice to see Ray and Beef jointly excited about something, be it Subway, manes, or Boy George.

It is definitely the way Ray and Beef are most like my brother and I.

We can get the same way about random things.

(My brother is Ray.)
Title: Re: 27th March 2008 - Fuckin' A!
Post by: theinevitable on March 27, 2008, 10:52:03 pm
yesterday I heard this awesome song with this kickass guitar part, and I handed the iPod to my friend and put the headphones in his ears, and he started bopping his head along... then harder.... then harder... then we were both rocking out to this song...

I am so glad I am living with him next year.
Title: Re: 27th March 2008 - Fuckin' A!
Post by: CortJstr on March 27, 2008, 10:55:47 pm
yesterday I heard this awesome song with this kickass guitar part, and I handed the iPod to my friend and put the headphones in his ears, and he started bopping his head along... then harder.... then harder... then we were both rocking out to this song...

I am so glad I am living with him next year.

Well, what song?
Title: Re: 27th March 2008 - Fuckin' A!
Post by: theinevitable on March 27, 2008, 11:48:50 pm
it's "It's Catching Up" by NoMeansNo. SO good. This is a video of it live, but you can't hear how awesomely the guitar and bass and drums go together (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V8u1wGNgyI).
I found a bunch of 30 second clips online, but they're all of the middle of the song. The part I love is the very beginning where it's just really light drumming and a kickass guitar riff, then the bass joins in playing the same thing as the guitar and the drums kick in really well...

it's so good. oh man.
Title: Re: 27th March 2008 - Fuckin' A!
Post by: oball on March 28, 2008, 12:22:47 am
Nomeansno are excellent.

As was this strip.
Title: Re: 27th March 2008 - Fuckin' A!
Post by: CortJstr on March 28, 2008, 01:22:31 am
eMusic's 30-second sample is apparently from the middle also. They're usually pretty good about picking a 30-second segment that actually represents the song so you don't get tricked by a slow bridge in a fast song or something. The Related Artists are interesting:

    *   Fifteen
    * Minor Threat
    * Butthole Surfers
    * Leatherface
    * Lard
    * The Cramps
    * Fugazi
    * Minutemen
    * Dead Kennedys
    * Shudder to Think
Title: Re: 27th March 2008 - Fuckin' A!
Post by: theinevitable on March 28, 2008, 02:23:17 am
yeah, for some reason every site has the same 30 seconds.
Title: Re: 27th March 2008 - Fuckin' A!
Post by: jay-ell on March 28, 2008, 04:07:56 am
Pedro wrote the script that samples a thirty-second clip from the middle of the songs at Karaoke.com.  He could probably tell you more about how things like that work, and why sites have the same 30 seconds of that song, et cetera, whatever. 

You know.  If you're interested. 
Title: Re: 27th March 2008 - Fuckin' A!
Post by: AugustWest on March 28, 2008, 04:31:21 am
Fuckin' A is right!

Gabby Johnson is right!
Title: Re: 27th March 2008 - Fuckin' A!
Post by: oball on March 28, 2008, 04:40:43 am
For those of you who want to hear the song that inev's talking about, I put it on YouTube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=zPyAii6f-hc).
Title: Re: 27th March 2008 - Fuckin' A!
Post by: theinevitable on March 28, 2008, 04:56:40 am
I forgot that the way the internet works is that you can put things on it.
awesome!
Title: Re: 27th March 2008 - Fuckin' A!
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 28, 2008, 06:46:23 am
It is like an endless Lego kit... except inside of plastic blocks, intellectual property and pornography.