The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: MrCB on March 28, 2008, 06:20:35 pm
-
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03282008 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03282008)
Thankfully we seem to be done with the musical references...
Edited on account of being a dumbass and not changing the date in the link
-
good link is http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03282008
also, lol
-
I thought that the "clay goblins" part was a little too much, but definitely dug the "aerodynamic concern" bit.
-
I can't believe no one has yet mentioned the pair of ##### on the sofa. Why is Teodor watching TV in the nude?
-
Unfortunately Laika was just another chapter in the series of seriously fucked-up things the Russians did, beginning with the invention of the Anti-tank dog. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tank_dog)
-
I can't believe no one has yet mentioned the pair of ****** on the sofa. Why is Teodor watching TV in the nude?
Sometimes the boys just need to breathe.
-
The advance of mankind has been a topic for me lately. Have people progressed? This strips says 'yes'. I say 'not so much'.
-
"However, in 1942, the achievement of using the Anti-tank dogs became a downfall when a large contingent of anti-tank dogs ran amok, endangering everyone in the battle and forcing the retreat of an entire Soviet division. Soon afterward the Anti-tank dogs were withdrawn from service."
-
Strangelovin' is my new favorite word.
-
"However, in 1942, the achievement of using the Anti-tank dogs became a downfall when a large contingent of anti-tank dogs ran amok, endangering everyone in the battle and forcing the retreat of an entire Soviet division. Soon afterward the Anti-tank dogs were withdrawn from service."
Everyone in the battle was perfectly safe until the damn dogs got loose.
-
I'm... surprised that the USSRians would withdraw people because of the danger of bomb-dogs.
I mean, didn't they send guys in without guns sometimes?
-
Everyone in the battle was perfectly safe until the damn dogs got loose.
Who let the dogs out?
Who? Who?! WHO?!?
-
Smick, I have never come so close to de-canning someone.... although if that song was sung in a panicked russian voice in the middle of a battle that might actually improve it.
Here's the thing about the attack dogs though: Starving dogs. Why did they have to be starving? We train dogs to do a lot of things and I'm fairly sure none of them require starvation to be employed. The soviets had a weird way of doing things. Or so western propaganda would have be believe.
-
Here's the thing about the attack dogs though: Starving dogs. Why did they have to be starving? We train dogs to do a lot of things and I'm fairly sure none of them require starvation to be employed.
We generally don't train dogs to run under tanks that are shooting guns and flamethrowers at them, though.
-
Yeah, it seems like a pretty straightforward response and reward setup. I guess the Russkies figured a starving dog would be more likely to actually look for food under tanks like they were taught than a well fed one. That and they probably did not think it was worth it to feed them since they were going to be blown up anyways.
I think the U.S. actually tried something similar with bats, but there's very little about bats that people can comfortably anthropomorphize so it's cool.
-
I think the U.S. actually tried something similar with bats, but there's very little about bats that people can comfortably anthropomorphize so it's cool.
Didn't the Russians have women in their combat units? Maybe the bats were trained to fly into their hair.
/ducking
-
Didn't the Russians have women in their combat units? Maybe the bats were trained to fly into their hair.
/ducking
I'm not sure that hindering your allies with explosive bats is a very good long-term strategy.