The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Limmo on April 03, 2008, 06:00:09 pm

Title: Sean Connery's neck at a wedding (4.2.08)
Post by: Limmo on April 03, 2008, 06:00:09 pm
The strip. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04022008)

Only two days, and already I'm completely sick of this British schtick. 
Title: Re: Sean Connery's neck at a wedding (4.2.08)
Post by: CortJstr on April 03, 2008, 06:32:04 pm
I know it's drawn like this for framing reasons, but if the box really weighs that much how the hell is Teodor holding it up by just the corners like that?
Title: Re: Sean Connery's neck at a wedding (4.2.08)
Post by: wombat on April 03, 2008, 06:40:14 pm
Is 'on-brand' really a term that people use?
Title: Re: Sean Connery's neck at a wedding (4.2.08)
Post by: Choop on April 03, 2008, 07:51:24 pm
I don't know how the Brits do it, but I use "well" for generics and "call" for good brands.
Title: Re: Sean Connery's neck at a wedding (4.2.08)
Post by: jaydub on April 03, 2008, 08:41:42 pm
I don't know how the Brits do it, but I use "well" for generics and "call" for good brands.
You've spent too much time in bars.  I use "crap" and "quality".
Title: Re: Sean Connery's neck at a wedding (4.2.08)
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on April 04, 2008, 03:30:43 am
This is the correct thread title. And somehow, I can imagine the smell exactly.
Title: Re: Sean Connery's neck at a wedding (4.2.08)
Post by: Dangermoose on April 04, 2008, 04:38:43 am
I don't know how the Brits do it, but I use "well" for generics and "call" for good brands.

I guess the thing is that even "call" whiskey wouldn't make it an "on-brand" 7 & 7.  You'd need 7-Crown and 7-Up.  Canadian Mist and Slice will NOT cut it if you have landed sweat.

Not sure what a 7 & 7 has to do with British class though.  My experience is that it's an American drink of low mind.
Title: Re: Sean Connery's neck at a wedding (4.2.08)
Post by: Golfhaus on April 04, 2008, 10:33:24 pm
I guess the thing is that even "call" whiskey wouldn't make it an "on-brand" 7 & 7.  You'd need 7-Crown and 7-Up.  Canadian Mist and Slice will NOT cut it if you have landed sweat.

Not sure what a 7 & 7 has to do with British class though.  My experience is that it's an American drink of low mind.

Watch out there, moosy. The 7 & 7 is my dad's drink of choice. You don't want to insult a man's drink when that man is Haus Sr.
Title: Re: Sean Connery's neck at a wedding (4.2.08)
Post by: AugustWest on April 05, 2008, 03:15:03 am
I thought 7 & 7 was fairly regional too; sort of a Rust Belt/Upper Midwest kind of thing?