The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on April 04, 2008, 08:57:39 pm

Title: Rightclicking the Titpenis - OR - Hastily Documented Buggery -- April 4, 2008
Post by: AugustWest on April 04, 2008, 08:57:39 pm
The titles were about the best thing about this strip.  The English computer was what we'd been led to believe it'd be.

Shrovis-Bishopthorpe leads the pack in considering the internet a nuisance. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04032008)
Title: Re: Rightclicking the Titpenis - OR - Hastily Documented Buggery -- April 4, 200
Post by: jaydub on April 04, 2008, 09:00:16 pm
So, is the we doin' this boast in the header a statement about actually releasing 4 strips for the week (however tardily), or about making a T-shirt with the "I prefer my buggery...hastily documented" phrase.
Title: Re: Rightclicking the Titpenis - OR - Hastily Documented Buggery -- April 4, 2008
Post by: CortJstr on April 04, 2008, 09:09:59 pm
I think it means we'll actually see 4 strips. Also, tomorrow: chicken!

The knobs actually remind me of my old VAIO. It had an desktop application that ran on top of Win95 that was set up like a cube. You'd turn the cube to different sides to get at applications that were grouped together. Like the top side was Games and the left was Settings, &c. I used it like that for about a week before I realized it was insane and actually made it harder for my mom to find stuff.
Title: Re: Rightclicking the Titpenis - OR - Hastily Documented Buggery -- April 4, 2008
Post by: wombat on April 04, 2008, 09:33:24 pm
The Lulu Titlescorer (http://www.lulu.com/titlescorer/index.php) says that "Rightclicking the Titpenis" only has a 44.2% chance of being a bestselling book title. I thought it sounded better than that.
Title: Re: Rightclicking the Titpenis - OR - Hastily Documented Buggery -- April 4, 2008
Post by: MrCB on April 04, 2008, 09:45:45 pm
I liked "The Choice is Yours, The Future is Now - Shrovis-Bishopthorpe", though it does make think of a British sort of racing car, built by men in cardigans who thoughtfully smoke pipes.
Title: Re: Rightclicking the Titpenis - OR - Hastily Documented Buggery -- April 4, 200
Post by: herofix on April 04, 2008, 10:06:51 pm
I liked "The Choice is Yours, The Future is Now - Shrovis-Bishopthorpe", though it does make think of a British sort of racing car, built by men in cardigans who thoughtfully smoke pipes.

You rang?

It's a very great shame that these type of men - perhaps Britain's greatest gift to the world  - are in terribly short supply now in this fair country.

Right now I am sitting in my shed smoking Dunhill cigarettes in a tweed jacket.  But I know it's only a poor approximation of the real thing.
Title: Re: Rightclicking the Titpenis - OR - Hastily Documented Buggery -- April 4, 200
Post by: nDed on April 05, 2008, 05:06:36 am
The computer voice reminds me of those old commercials John Cleese used to do for Compaq.
Title: Re: Rightclicking the Titpenis - OR - Hastily Documented Buggery -- April 4, 200
Post by: Death Ray on April 08, 2008, 01:38:01 pm
Y'know, when I ask for more Cornelius Bear I don't mean the doodly parts where he's not being entertaining.

I think I just had a Cornelius/Shrovis moment when I clicked on the AIM icon under nDed's icon. Up pops an install window on my Mac telling me that...

"iChat AV redefines video conferencing. Again."

This did not read like John Cleese's voice to me. More like some aggressive VO for a slick, menacingly named Dodge vehicle, like the "Shadowknife."

"Dodge Shadowknife redefines twin cam fuel-injected luxury. Again. Pussy."