The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: lprkn on April 07, 2008, 08:10:17 pm

Title: Should I stay or should I go...
Post by: lprkn on April 07, 2008, 08:10:17 pm
Performers are: Theophilus Monk, The Primitive Screwheads, Octothorpe, Mike Siemens and Milo Duke. I am asking because I do not know who any of these performers are, and thought that maybe some of you would be able to provide some guidance.

A vote for kittens is a vote for America (or Canada, or Australia, or the UK, or...)
Title: Re: Should I stay or should I go...
Post by: AugustWest on April 07, 2008, 08:30:01 pm
I have never heard of any of the performers.  That being said, why not go?  What do you have to lose?
Title: Re: Should I stay or should I go...
Post by: side_show on April 07, 2008, 10:31:50 pm
I am not ever a fan of random vague music.  I would always choose kittens over seeing an unknown band somewhere.  Kittens are guaranteed to be cute and cuddly.  You can't lose with kittens.
Title: Re: Should I stay or should I go...
Post by: Choop on April 07, 2008, 10:41:53 pm
until they turn into cats
Title: Re: Should I stay or should I go...
Post by: AugustWest on April 07, 2008, 11:13:12 pm
Damn, I am low today.

Even a man of low mind, such as yourself, deserves a tiny can of Dr. Pepper.  Enjoy.
Title: Re: Should I stay or should I go...
Post by: lprkn on April 07, 2008, 11:42:06 pm
I will probably give it a looksee. Also Ash, contrary to my title, I am not king of the make-outs. In no way is this remotely true. Maybe this will change if I go to more music shows.

If kittens were truly an option, well I'd probably buying ten kinds of cat food and toys right now.
Title: Re: Should I stay or should I go...
Post by: melack on April 07, 2008, 11:50:51 pm
What do you have to lose?

I think that's fairly obvious. If he goes there will be there will be trouble, and if he stays it will be double.
Title: Re: Should I stay or should I go...
Post by: Ben-San on April 08, 2008, 02:07:17 am
I know Octothorpe is a fairly regular Songfight contributor but hell if I can remember anything about them.
Title: Re: Should I stay or should I go...
Post by: lprkn on April 08, 2008, 06:45:12 pm
So...I ended up not going. Studying and running were more important than seeing some bands I had never heard of.
Title: Re: Should I stay or should I go...
Post by: lprkn on April 08, 2008, 09:35:28 pm
The head-shaving will wait till this summer, though.
Title: Re: Should I stay or should I go...
Post by: Drygioni on April 09, 2008, 12:20:15 am
Ministry.

Excellent.
Title: Re: Should I stay or should I go...
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 09, 2008, 02:50:13 pm
Ministry.

Excellent.

Wait, WHAT?
There's a private joke among me and some college friends regarding the exact phrase "Ministry.  Excellent."  Are you somehow privy to this?  Are you actually someone I went to college with?
Title: Re: Should I stay or should I go...
Post by: lprkn on April 09, 2008, 04:51:08 pm
All I'm thinkin' about is the metal band. Otherwise I'm drawing a blank here.
Title: Re: Should I stay or should I go...
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 09, 2008, 05:15:40 pm
I suppose I should tell the story.  A friend and I went to this club in Harrisburg, and at one point he goes off to the bathroom while I'm waiting at the bar trying to get a beer.  A cute girl pulls up at the neighboring stool, we make eye contact and she smilles at me.  I'm thinking "Say something to her, chump!"  I notice a flyer on the bar, I pick it up and it's about an upcoming Ministry album release party at the club [this is like 1992, remember, I'm old].  I kind of hold it up and say to her, "Ministry.  Excellent."

As the words are coming out of my mouth, I am thinking to myself "I am the biggest dork, ever, in the entire history of the world."  She's like "Yeah, whatever," gets her drink and takes off.  Jeff gets back from the bathroom, I tell him what happened, and he thinks this is mighty hilarious.  So whenever Ministry is mentioned, we now say "Ministry.  Excellent."  It's also shorthand for "I am completely inept with women."

I am pretty sure Judy is not actually Jeff who was the bass player in my band in Lancaster, PA in the early 90's, but I suppose stranger things have happened.
Title: Re: Should I stay or should I go...
Post by: melack on April 09, 2008, 06:15:17 pm
That story made me laugh something fierce. I suppose it helps that I imagined you as Garth Algar as I read it.