The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: MrCB on April 09, 2008, 08:48:49 am

Title: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
Post by: MrCB on April 09, 2008, 08:48:49 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04092008 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04092008)

The return of the Finch...
Title: Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
Post by: theinevitable on April 09, 2008, 08:51:52 am
oh, goddamn, I really want to be eating a microwavable pizza right now.

That and Steely Dan are what I want right now, is that so wrong?
Title: Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
Post by: MrCB on April 09, 2008, 10:17:57 am
oh, goddamn, I really want to be eating a microwavable pizza right now.

That and Steely Dan are what I want right now, is that so wrong?

So wrong.

But I know the feeling... there are times when you want to sit back with bad food, bad beer and bad music or movies, and the combination of it all takes you to a special place of happy.
Title: Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
Post by: dejavroom on April 09, 2008, 11:30:02 am
This arc can't end sooner for me.
Title: Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
Post by: Doc on April 09, 2008, 11:36:48 am
This is actually a turn in the right direction for me.
I am now dreadfull afraid of Mr. Teal who I suspect knows that two can keep a secret only if one is dead.
Title: Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
Post by: CortJstr on April 09, 2008, 12:52:12 pm
So wrong.

But I know the feeling... there are times when you want to sit back with bad food, bad beer and bad music or movies, and the combination of it all takes you to a special place of happy.

I think this is why I like to eat pizza rolls while watching wrestling. Something about ODB vs. Gail Kim and greasy food just seem to go together.

Did Mr. Bear ever get that internet key?
Title: Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
Post by: MrCB on April 09, 2008, 01:27:55 pm
I think this is why I like to eat pizza rolls while watching wrestling. Something about ODB vs. Gail Kim and greasy food just seem to go together.

A man can no more eat Foie Gras with wrestling than can he gruffle down a Quarter Pounder in front of Faust.
Title: Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
Post by: theinevitable on April 09, 2008, 02:07:47 pm
oh, wait, what?

Steely Dan are damn good. Listen to this guitar solo, please. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyaYXwoXpeM)
Title: Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
Post by: JorgeFabregas on April 09, 2008, 02:19:08 pm
Mr. Teal is starting to remind me of Barry Bass.
Title: Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 09, 2008, 03:17:29 pm
Quote from: theinevitable
That and Steely Dan are what I want right now, is that so wrong?

If Steely Dan and ANYTHING are wrong, I don't wanna be right.
Title: Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
Post by: jay-ell on April 09, 2008, 04:18:02 pm
Anybody else think this is some kind of EULA sting operation? 

Anyone?  Anyone? 

Just me, then? 

I gotta stop caring so much about digital freedom. 
Title: Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
Post by: CortJstr on April 09, 2008, 04:47:57 pm
Damned click-wrap agreements.
Title: Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
Post by: lprkn on April 09, 2008, 04:48:22 pm
My attitude toward this arc: Please sir, no more.
Title: Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
Post by: pmcd9 on April 09, 2008, 06:26:50 pm
This arc just took a turn for the interesting.

Also, Steely Dan are awesome!
Title: Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
Post by: jaydub on April 09, 2008, 08:18:54 pm
Who knew Mr Teal had such a dark heart?  The blur between the virtual world of AI help avatars and meatspace is a bit boggling for me.  The Publican microwaves food, and yet can be eliminated by moving him onto a floppy?
Title: Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
Post by: colmore on April 10, 2008, 02:57:45 am
Yeah, it isn't like this strip to zip off on some tangent, fueled only by internal nonsense logic.
Title: Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
Post by: Death Ray on April 10, 2008, 02:16:00 pm
If Steely Dan and ANYTHING are wrong, I don't wanna be right.

You just know that Nolan digs "Cousin Dupree" the way Diane Downs dug "Hungry Like the Wolf".