The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on April 15, 2008, 07:32:25 pm

Title: April 15 2008 - AKA The_Boffin
Post by: wombat on April 15, 2008, 07:32:25 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04152008 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04152008)

Um. One of those strips where we're just waiting to see what happens next?
Title: Re: April 15 2008 - AKA The_Boffin
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 15, 2008, 07:35:15 pm
Dangit, you beat me to it.  My subject line was "so he's in some prison cell chugging hogs," and I was all going to pre-emptively apologize for going so lowbrow.  But it made me laugh.
Title: Re: April 15 2008 - AKA The_Boffin
Post by: CortJstr on April 15, 2008, 07:37:29 pm
I guess that's why the boffin was never available as a helper.
Title: Re: April 15 2008 - AKA The_Boffin
Post by: jaydub on April 15, 2008, 08:09:42 pm
"The Helpers" are an elaborate social engineering scheme to get access to the APD police computers. 

Edit: Department of Redundancy Dept.
Title: Re: April 15 2008 - AKA The_Boffin
Post by: wombat on April 15, 2008, 09:15:58 pm
Dangit, you beat me to it.  My subject line was "so he's in some prison cell chugging hogs," and I was all going to pre-emptively apologize for going so lowbrow.  But it made me laugh.

That might have been a better subject line, but I have no idea what 'chugging hogs' means and I was afraid to ask.
Title: Re: April 15 2008 - AKA The_Boffin
Post by: theinevitable on April 15, 2008, 09:20:00 pm
Just think of "you diss my dog, you fluff my hog." (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11122004)
Title: Re: April 15 2008 - AKA The_Boffin
Post by: iron_felix on April 16, 2008, 12:22:51 am
"The Helpers" are an elaborate social engineering scheme to get access to the APD police computers.

Not just the local PD's computers, but the FBI's as well.  Will their being hacked by a British computer precipitate some sort of international incident?  Connie's an ex-pat himself, of course - he may be in even worse trouble than we thought...
Title: Re: April 15 2008 - AKA The_Boffin
Post by: theinevitable on April 16, 2008, 12:28:09 am
he tricked us into arresting him for kiddie porn, and then hacked us!
Title: Re: April 15 2008 - AKA The_Boffin
Post by: lprkn on April 16, 2008, 01:16:57 am
The correct thread title is: "You don't forget a night like that. I mean, unless you do."

I didn't feel that the funny was brought, but I'm with wombat, just waitin' to see what happens next.

*edit* Upon review, I enjoyed the cop's face. That is all.
Title: Re: April 15 2008 - AKA The_Boffin
Post by: smick on April 16, 2008, 01:42:23 am
Maximum Chuggles is the most hogs chugged possible.
Title: Re: April 15 2008 - You don't forget a night like that. I mean, unless you do.
Post by: wombat on April 16, 2008, 01:47:36 am
The correct thread title is: "You don't forget a night like that. I mean, unless you do."

I considered that, but thought it wouldn't fit. Turns out I was wrong.
Title: Re: April 15 2008 - AKA The_Boffin
Post by: colmore on April 16, 2008, 01:19:53 pm
"You don't forget a night like that. I mean, unless you do."

I'm saving that one.  Lots of little things to like about this one.
Title: Re: April 15 2008 - AKA The_Boffin
Post by: JorgeFabregas on April 16, 2008, 04:16:23 pm
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080415/od_afp/spaceastronomygermany;_ylt=AsBlQtE9.JyQzJEIsEd_hOes0NUE

Damn Boffins.
Title: Re: April 15 2008 - AKA The_Boffin
Post by: Pedro Picasso on April 16, 2008, 07:05:21 pm
"Boffin is another word for wonk."
Thank you, internet.

"Cabinet members have agendas.  Wonks have information."
Thank you, that other secretary on West Wing.
Title: Re: April 15 2008 - AKA The_Boffin
Post by: CortJstr on April 17, 2008, 11:49:06 pm
Huh. In Vol. VIII I just read this from Ray. "To the end of my days, I'll expect a laughing pixellated skull to play when I boot up, proving that I have been hacked."