The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on April 17, 2008, 08:01:02 pm

Title: 17 April 2008 - Like way over three percent crazy
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on April 17, 2008, 08:01:02 pm
Lots of possible titles here.... but lesbians are not necessarily funnier than other people.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04172008 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04172008)
Title: Re: 17 April 2008 - Like way over three percent crazy
Post by: wombat on April 17, 2008, 08:07:31 pm
but lesbians are not necessarily funnier than other people.


Maybe not, but, with the brass Fallopian tubes, they don't have to be.

Also: in their cars, in private. Nice.
Title: Re: 17 April 2008 - Like way over three percent crazy
Post by: CortJstr on April 17, 2008, 08:20:42 pm
It's all about the eyebrows. And somewhat about Ray's mouth.
Title: Re: 17 April 2008 - Like way over three percent crazy
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 17, 2008, 08:49:16 pm
"An area for last things"... nice.

This arc got a hell of a lot better when the focus got away from strange Anglophilia and moved onto triple-switch betrayals and assumptions that just because a man is old, he's crazy.
Title: Re: 17 April 2008 - Like way over three percent crazy
Post by: Hambone on April 17, 2008, 10:07:23 pm
Correct title = "some kind of argument with a picture of a skeleton".
Title: Re: 17 April 2008 - Like way over three percent crazy
Post by: jaydub on April 17, 2008, 11:48:21 pm
Correct title = "some kind of argument with a picture of a skeleton".
Agreed.

You've gotta admit, burying a diskette with a boot sector virus is not a bad move1.  Had the cops not been on the lookout for Nolan, this would hardly constitute probable cause for arrest.

1 I kept a virus infected disk once because I thought it was neat that code written by a Bulgarian had ended up on my computer.  Naturally at one point I accidentally stuck that disk in the drive and reinfected the computer.  I should probably have labeled it better, or indeed,  buried it in the woods at midnight.
Title: Re: 17 April 2008 - Like way over three percent crazy
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on April 17, 2008, 11:49:34 pm
To me, this whole arc has a profound sense of "that'll do" about it.  Just.. mediocre on every level. It gave me a few wan smiles, but I demand more from my free, internet-based, talking animal funnies.

Title: Re: 17 April 2008 - Like way over three percent crazy
Post by: melack on April 17, 2008, 11:55:44 pm
To me, this whole arc has a profound sense of "that'll do" about it.  Just.. mediocre on every level. It gave me a few wan smiles, but I demand more from my free, internet-based, talking animal funnies.

Daaaaaaamn! Look who's bein' a dick about mediocrity!

But I agree. This arc is not my favorite.
Title: Re: 17 April 2008 - Like way over three percent crazy
Post by: colmore on April 18, 2008, 03:07:18 am
No matter how good the comic gets, half the strips are still going to be below average.

B+ arc measured against good comics in general, C+ for achewood.
Title: Re: 17 April 2008 - Like way over three percent crazy
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 18, 2008, 08:10:49 am
No matter how good the comic gets, half the strips are still going to be below average.

Well, duh.

Still and all, Achewood against other webcomics still comes out way above average.
Title: Re: 17 April 2008 - Like way over three percent crazy
Post by: wombat on April 18, 2008, 11:56:12 am
Dawg!!! 
Title: Re: 17 April 2008 - Like way over three percent crazy
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on April 18, 2008, 12:09:19 pm
No matter how good the comic gets, half the strips are still going to be below average.

B+ arc measured against good comics in general, C+ for achewood.

No. Why do people say things like this? I even had a professor once claim that "half of you are below average intelligence". Really? What if Stephen Hawkings walked in the door? Or a person with down syndrome? I think the data would be skewed one way or the other. Average as a mean does not break down 50% below average and 50% above average.
Title: Re: 17 April 2008 - Like way over three percent crazy
Post by: Doc on April 18, 2008, 12:35:48 pm
But average as a median does, you should check his definition first.
Title: Re: 17 April 2008 - Like way over three percent crazy
Post by: revdj on April 18, 2008, 03:03:25 pm
To me, this whole arc has a profound sense of "that'll do" about it.  Just.. mediocre on every level. It gave me a few wan smiles, but I demand more from my free, internet-based, talking animal funnies.

It's all subjective - this has been my favorite set of strips in a very long time.  I'm loving each one.  Maybe it is because I'm over 40.  But I've just been loving the holy heck out of them.
Title: Re: 17 April 2008 - Like way over three percent crazy
Post by: lprkn on April 18, 2008, 07:51:50 pm
Yes, this is why. My MTV and pokemon-addled mind cannot handle the barest semblance of continuity and complete lack of explosions this arc has offered. You are closer to death, senility, and tech-ineptitude, and it speaks to you. (Please do not take this as a dick comment, I am very much kidding.)

But this arc definitely proves the whole different strokes thing.
Title: Re: 17 April 2008 - Like way over three percent crazy
Post by: iron_felix on April 18, 2008, 08:16:04 pm
Ever since the ChatSack arc I've found myself holding out this irrational hope that arcs like this will spin off on some awesome tangent.  It seems paradoxical, but the less I am entertained by a story arc, the more disappointed I am to see it come to an end.

Of course, they're not quite out of the police station yet.  There's still a small chance....
See?  See?  There I go again!  I should know better by now.
Title: Re: 17 April 2008 - Like way over three percent crazy
Post by: Doc on April 18, 2008, 11:49:07 pm
I kind of like where this has gone, certainly way better than the initial super-british gags of the first week.