The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: jay-ell on April 23, 2008, 04:24:01 pm

Title: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: jay-ell on April 23, 2008, 04:24:01 pm
Oh, how self-indulgent I am! 

Here's a little game I thought up just now, while rejecting the idea of posting in another thread a joke that most people wouldn't get because it happened so long ago.  Let's take turns posting an obscure reference or inside joke from the board (or from Achewood in general).  First person to explain it gets to post the next one.  This is also a good place for more recent additions to our TOUAMB-family to figure out what the heck we mean when we talk. 

I'll start with an easy one: giraffe placenta. 
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: CortJstr on April 23, 2008, 04:31:16 pm
I'll start with an easy one: giraffe placenta. 

*weeps*
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: jay-ell on April 23, 2008, 04:37:59 pm
*weeps*
What, no link?  Aww, cort, don't give up your right to be the verb for displays of archival prowess. 

I'd link the thread, but I don't want to answer my own question. 
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: CortJstr on April 23, 2008, 05:00:27 pm
What, no link?  Aww, cort, don't give up your right to be the verb for displays of archival prowess. 

I'd link the thread, but I don't want to answer my own question. 

I'll bring the nested links (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2504.msg54526.html#msg54526).

Now what about Gina?
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: jay-ell on April 23, 2008, 05:07:07 pm
I think Gina made her first appearance while I was on hiatus.  I don't remember it happening, at all. 
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: side_show on April 23, 2008, 07:59:53 pm
Cockrub Warriors
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: theinevitable on April 23, 2008, 08:16:52 pm
Quote
I think Gina made her first appearance while I was on hiatus.  I don't remember it happening, at all.

That's because human memories are not strong enough to escape Gina's gravitational pull (or, the gravitational pull of her... gina? suction?)
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 23, 2008, 10:07:15 pm
What I like about this thread is it's about education.
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: theinevitable on April 23, 2008, 10:12:20 pm
the other day was Hobot's birthday, as long as we're on the subject.
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on April 23, 2008, 10:30:50 pm
Obligatory: Barbed p e n i s.
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 23, 2008, 10:33:35 pm
Cover that barbed p e n i s with a filter for #####
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on April 23, 2008, 11:38:38 pm
CUNT ##### ****** c*ck fuck*ng pu$$y
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: Golfhaus on April 24, 2008, 12:32:22 am
CUNT ##### ****** c*ck

Don't forget "fuck*ng." Perhaps my favorite of the bunch.
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: CortJstr on April 24, 2008, 12:36:40 am
CUNT ##### ****** c*ck fuck*ng pu$$y

%%%%%
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: side_show on April 24, 2008, 12:39:28 am
Smells refers to a particularly fun Tommy Trapezoid avatar, I believe.

No, it all started with a fairly forgetable Achewood strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10032005), which lead to the then n00b misterqueue being hilarious, and me posting about teaching sex-ed and my off hand mentioning the term "frotage" within the post, followed by Doc asking for an explanation of what that is.  In my books it is one of the best threads we've ever had (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2169.0.html), and it includes the induction of the then n00b, misterqueue, into the fold, an extensive discussion of dry humping (Woodberry Hello-o!), the hatred for shitty crafts, etc.  It is, as far as I'm concerned, one of the most wonderful threads we've cooked up here at TOUAMB.  I am nostalgic for those days.
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: theinevitable on April 24, 2008, 12:42:41 am
Quote
Cover that barbed p e n i s with a filter for ******

Wait, why is ****** censored?

also: that storyline introduced me to one of my favorite concepts-- creating my own form letters. I do this sometimes and it is always a success.
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: jay-ell on April 24, 2008, 01:01:52 am
%%%%%

Oh, yeah, you gotta go back to Dumbrella days to know that one. 

Don't forget $$$$$. 
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: CortJstr on April 24, 2008, 01:15:59 am
Oh, yeah, you gotta go back to Dumbrella days to know that one. 

Don't forget $$$$$. 

OK, I admit defeat. I don't remember that one. I remember Windows and Apple being blocked but I think that was post-split.
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: wombat on April 24, 2008, 01:18:49 am
What I like about this thread is it's about education.

Beat me to it!

What I don't like about this thread is that it's about memory. I go back to Dumbrella and I can't remember either of those filters, dammit.
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: AugustWest on April 24, 2008, 01:46:37 am
I have an excellent on-topic pun I could make, but I better not because I am still on double secret probation.
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: Doc on April 24, 2008, 03:23:07 am
Appropriate (http://www.flickr.com/photos/10141275@N00/203701154/).
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: jay-ell on April 24, 2008, 03:35:21 am
OK, I admit defeat. I don't remember that one. I remember Windows and Apple being blocked but I think that was post-split.

Aww, I'm just fuckin' witcha.  There's no $$$$$ filter. 

Or is there? 
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: KeithHernandez on April 24, 2008, 07:48:25 am
##### *****

I forgot the other one, but did it once.

Also, why no A-CAP?
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 24, 2008, 08:04:51 am
Also the one that effects the five letter word for equine animals.
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: jay-ell on April 24, 2008, 12:43:43 pm
let's not forget our esteemed member emeritus, 235w103, AKA Bozack. 

Also, there's at least one censor nobody's discovered yet.  I'm not kidding this time.  It's one of Jough's, and I'm not going to tell you what it is, but if it ever, ever comes up, I will be entirely shocked as well as dismayed. 
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: wombat on April 24, 2008, 12:53:25 pm
A word so offensive that we have never yet used it?

That everyone is now going to try to guess?

nooooo.....
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: jay-ell on April 24, 2008, 02:07:07 pm
Oh, please don't try.  It's awful, just awful.  That way lies Madness...and Civilization.  (Hint.) 
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 24, 2008, 02:12:14 pm
Not the Mayor!  NOT THE MAYOR!
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: jay-ell on April 24, 2008, 02:15:52 pm
How are things in Banana Town? 
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: CortJstr on April 24, 2008, 03:19:33 pm
wait, jay-ell? I remember this change being discussed but how long has it been like this? I feel very unobservant.
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: jay-ell on April 24, 2008, 03:25:56 pm
Since last night around 10 PM.  Congratulations, you win -- you're not unobservant, I'm just a sneakster. 
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: CortJstr on April 24, 2008, 03:49:58 pm
Does this mean new filter? Let's check: jldunston
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: jay-ell on April 24, 2008, 03:59:34 pm
It does now. 
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: jay-ell on April 24, 2008, 04:24:15 pm
Dammit, I broke my own sig. 
Title: Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
Post by: jaydub on May 01, 2008, 10:12:24 pm
When TOUAMB intrudes on real life.  Today the following excerpt floated through my inbox, leading me down all sorts of mental trails of moral iniquity:

...
To: AFFX - Science <science@affymetrix.com>
Subject: Good news for GINA

GINA successfully passed through Congress today, so it’s nearly a reality. I posted some info on our Jclub blog here...

(disclaimer - My company lobbied for the bill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_Information_Nondiscrimination_Act))