The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Carlos del Vaca on November 03, 2003, 02:21:32 am

Title: stoooopid question (titles)
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 03, 2003, 02:21:32 am
I tire of being Scrambles the Dog.  Everyone else seems to have an interesting and unique title.  And yet I see no way to change mine.  Do I have to have a certain number of posts (which, at the rate I post, I will reach in about 2005)?
Title: stoooopid question (titles)
Post by: jough on November 03, 2003, 02:34:41 am
Am I the only one who finds it funny that a post griping about one's rank is the same post in which that poster gets a new user rank?

You can get a custom title that says just about anything you'd like for a $20 donation to the tip jar.
Title: stoooopid question (titles)
Post by: CortJstr on November 03, 2003, 02:37:17 am
Quote from: "jough"
Am I the only one who finds it funny that a post griping about one's rank is the same post in which that poster gets a new user rank?


You're not. That was hilarious.

Don't feel bad, I'm too low on funds to buy a good title as well.
Title: stoooopid question (titles)
Post by: Choop on November 03, 2003, 04:46:55 am
Hell, I'm a mod, and I can't even afford a new title. This one came with the original awarding of mod privileges. I'll be getting rid of it as soon as possible (maybe the 9th? I hope).

carlosdelvaca, I hope for your sake that you enjoy your title of Dr. Kisses. I never got past Todd in my title quest. The only hope we have of seeing a stock title past several hundred posts is V-Adore, and she's bound to donate at some point.

Then we're out of luck. Or in luck, if JL posts her list of custom titles. Which, of course, she won't. Basically, what I'm saying is shut up and eat what's served you unless you want to pony up some cash. Most of us here have been doing so for quite some time.
Title: stoooopid question (titles)
Post by: side_show on November 03, 2003, 04:53:41 am
so funny!

I actually live in fear of hitting 200 - I love being Chucklebot!
Title: stoooopid question (titles)
Post by: AugustWest on November 03, 2003, 05:24:26 am
Y'all are complaining about what now?
Title: stoooopid question (titles)
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 03, 2003, 09:10:24 am
Quote from: "jough"
Am I the only one who finds it funny that a post griping about one's rank is the same post in which that poster gets a new user rank?

You can get a custom title that says just about anything you'd like for a $20 donation to the tip jar.


For once in my whole life, something is both coincidental and ironic at the SAME TIME!

I can die now.
Title: stoooopid question (titles)
Post by: jay-ell on November 03, 2003, 01:28:11 pm
I guess my old mod ranks are kind of useless now that the forum names have been changed.  

*poof*
Title: stoooopid question (titles)
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 03, 2003, 02:07:42 pm
Dr. Kisses!  I'll be damned.  Nice timing.

$20, eh?  Hmmm... maybe after I win the office football pool at the end of the season, I can splurge.
Title: stoooopid question (titles)
Post by: CortJstr on November 03, 2003, 03:14:21 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
I guess my old mod ranks are kind of useless now that the forum names have been changed.  

*poof*


But now I'm scared to keep posting. I want to stay "King of the Make-Outs" It's the only one I've wanted attached to my name more than Todd

(Edit: Although the next step is apparently "Mr. Bear (Cornelius)" which is pretty cool in its own right. Onward!)
Title: stoooopid question (titles)
Post by: V-Adore on November 03, 2003, 10:14:58 pm
My god, now all the mod-type posters above me have their regular titles! My entire purpose for posting on this board... shattered!

... Well, okay, so there are other reasons... and, uh, I guess now I can throw some money at Jough and think of a custom rank. But damn, I had been planning to give that 600 posts' more thought.
Title: stoooopid question (titles)
Post by: CortJstr on November 03, 2003, 11:40:35 pm
C'mon, how many of your offhand comments have we pointed out as excellent titles? You should have no problem at all.
Title: stoooopid question (titles)
Post by: V-Adore on November 04, 2003, 05:48:52 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
C'mon, how many of your offhand comments have we pointed out as excellent titles? You should have no problem at all.

Well, yeah, I guess I could just become "Armchair Xenologist" and be done with this -- but I think I'll give it more thought. After all, I'm so close to 500 I figure I might as well go verify this "King of the Make-Outs" thang.