The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on April 25, 2008, 11:48:18 pm

Title: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on April 25, 2008, 11:48:18 pm
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04252008 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04252008)
Seriously, who hasn't been there? Money in the bank.

Also possible title: It's not like I need to know if you care.
Title: Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
Post by: CortJstr on April 25, 2008, 11:57:34 pm
Freaked Out Beef (panel 5) has the best expression. Possibly second only to Impish Smile Beef.
Title: Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
Post by: wombat on April 26, 2008, 12:16:24 am
The card text in the last panel has to win the award for 'best tragically too long to be usable thread title' ever.

The current posting schedule has me so disoriented, I didn't even realize we were still expecting a comic today.  On the bright side,  that meantI wasn't annoyed all day that we hadn't had a comic.
Title: Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
Post by: Doc on April 26, 2008, 12:18:24 am
It's been too long since we've seen angry Beef. I likes me some angry Beef.
Title: Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
Post by: jay-ell on April 26, 2008, 01:03:51 am
It's been too long since we've seen angry Beef. I likes me some angry Beef.

Me, too.  Can you send the recipe? 

Kthxbye. 
Title: Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 26, 2008, 01:54:29 am
This is SO much better than two weeks of dabbling in strange British stereotypes.

Of course, Beef's angst speaks almost directly to my life experience so, y'know, thine mileage mote varith.
Title: Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
Post by: nDed on April 26, 2008, 04:56:26 pm
Oh man, the angriest beef dish recipe. I bet it involves tenderizing the beef by pounding on it with your bare fists. Also violently throwing worcestershire sauce at it while saying cusses.

Roast Beef greeting cards are yet another hypothetical Achewood product that I would probably buy and alienate my loved ones with.
Title: Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
Post by: CortJstr on April 26, 2008, 05:04:54 pm
Oh man, the angriest beef dish recipe. I bet it involves tenderizing the beef by pounding on it with your bare fists. Also violently throwing worcestershire sauce at it while saying cusses.

Roast Beef greeting cards are yet another hypothetical Achewood product that I would probably buy and alienate my loved ones with.

This sounds like something that Dr. McNinja would make.
Title: Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
Post by: jay-ell on April 27, 2008, 01:49:28 am
This sounds like something that Dr. McNinja would make.

Or Rocky Balboa. 
Title: Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
Post by: linnea on April 27, 2008, 03:05:08 am
Oh man, the angriest beef dish recipe. I bet it involves tenderizing the beef by pounding on it with your bare fists. Also violently throwing worcestershire sauce at it while saying cusses.

Roast Beef greeting cards are yet another hypothetical Achewood product that I would probably buy and alienate my loved ones with.

Jeez, Onstad would make a killing if he debuted some 6-packs of Beef Greeting Cards in the store. Confused ladies all across the globe would be scratching their heads after finding these cards on their pillows, and then they'd harass their boyfriends for trying to minimize the Drudge Report browser window whenever his lady walks into the room.
Title: Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
Post by: nDed on April 27, 2008, 06:40:44 am
Or Rocky Balboa. 

The next step is to give someone a black eye so the steak can be placed over it.
Title: Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
Post by: colmore on April 29, 2008, 01:10:20 am
"Strip runs T-F"

Feeling ambitious then!
Title: Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
Post by: iron_felix on April 29, 2008, 10:32:03 am
I hope that's not going to become a Thing.  We haven't had any Monday strips in more than a month now.  This (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03242008) was the last one... I wonder now if it wasn't meant as a subtle message that the Achewood machine is only running four days a week from now on?

Probably not; I'm pretty sure I remember him giving an actual excuse on the first week, so I'm guessing he just did it a couple of times in a row and realized it gave him a more comfortable schedule.  I'm fine with that, if it translates to better quality strips, although the last arc wasn't very reassuring in that regard.  It'll suck if I don't get another birthday strip until 2011, though.