The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: iron_felix on April 29, 2008, 10:09:06 am

Title: 29 April 2008 - That part of the painting where God's finger touches Adam's
Post by: iron_felix on April 29, 2008, 10:09:06 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04292008

I'm not sure dude-to-dude cards are really that viable as a marketing idea, for reasons Beef kind of articulates himself in the last panel.  Of course, Ray's mind (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08092006) apparently processes dude-to-dude sentiments in card-speak anyway, so I guess it's not too surprising that he'd suggest this.

Edit: After reading it again I realized he's probably using "sick as Hell" in the positive sense.  Also, I might actually buy the Chorizo ones myself.  I still don't know how likely I'd be to use them.
Title: Re: 29 April 2008 - That part of the painting where God's finger touches Adam's
Post by: Doc on April 29, 2008, 10:13:21 am
Rays desire to send cards to his dudes is sufficient to sustain an entire dude to dude greeting card cottage industry.

Sick as Hell.
Title: Re: 29 April 2008 - That part of the painting where God's finger touches Adam's
Post by: MrCB on April 29, 2008, 02:38:53 pm
Definite echoes of Ray's apology letter...

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10052005 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10052005)
Title: Re: 29 April 2008 - That part of the painting where God's finger touches Adam's
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 30, 2008, 02:24:24 am
Dude cards are definitely about one dude razzing another dude, in a friend-like manner.

That is as close as we can get to affection without fearing that you're about to unlock the other guy's gay vault, way in the back of his head.
Title: Re: 29 April 2008 - That part of the painting where God's finger touches Adam's
Post by: pmcd9 on April 30, 2008, 05:27:32 am
I'm sorry I played it huffy on the phone cracked me up.
Title: Re: 29 April 2008 - That part of the painting where God's finger touches Adam's
Post by: Death Ray on May 03, 2008, 08:02:17 pm
Dude2Dude card concept:

"Hey, you live long enough together it's bound to happen."

(inside) "But I'm still sorry I saw your junk."
Title: Re: 29 April 2008 - That part of the painting where God's finger touches Adam's
Post by: jay-ell on May 03, 2008, 10:44:16 pm
To: Death Ray

From: JL

(outside)

Hang around this board long enough, it's bound to happen. 

(inside)

But I'm still glad I gave you this tiny can. 
Title: Re: 29 April 2008 - That part of the painting where God's finger touches Adam's
Post by: Death Ray on May 05, 2008, 04:16:57 pm
To: Death Ray

From: JL

(outside)

Hang around this board long enough, it's bound to happen. 

(inside)

But I'm still glad I gave you this tiny can. 

Awww shucks! Now I have to run out and get YOU a tiny dude2dude card!
Title: Re: 29 April 2008 - That part of the painting where God's finger touches Adam's
Post by: jay-ell on May 05, 2008, 04:30:02 pm
Except that I'm a lady, and there are so many Dude2Lady cards on the market that they've been rendered completely meaningless. 

Thanks for the thought, though.