The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: MrMandible on May 01, 2008, 06:57:30 pm

Title: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
Post by: MrMandible on May 01, 2008, 06:57:30 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05012008 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05012008)

Alternate titles: "The Territory of Crazy People Stuff" and "You Know How It Is/Was."

EDIT: And my title is automatically edited by the board.  I have arrived.
Title: Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
Post by: lprkn on May 01, 2008, 07:00:13 pm
Air-typin' Beef: rad.
Title: Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
Post by: JorgeFabregas on May 01, 2008, 07:14:02 pm
H0rse dog maniac? What does it mean?
Title: Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
Post by: CortJstr on May 01, 2008, 07:24:31 pm
H0rse dog maniac? What does it mean?

Fuck city bangin' is what it means.

Now I wonder if Onstad has been reading Lore's hashbrown updates or if there is just more than one fan of this potato-product on Earth.

I'm also relieved that we now have confirmation that Mayor C recovered from his heart attack and is apparently mayoring again.
Title: Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 01, 2008, 07:26:50 pm
Roast Beef's hope that he can make a living off being crazy is very very close to how depressed I was when I realized I was going to top out around 6'6"... I had very much hoped that I was going to be able to have some kind of job that was mostly just about being freakishly tall and then...

Nope. Tall enough to not fit in some cars but in no way tall enough where people will pay just to look at me, directly in as such as a circus freak or indirectly in as such as a not-very-athletic wrestler or basketball player.

I am just identifying with Beef too much lately.
Title: Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
Post by: iron_felix on May 01, 2008, 07:30:43 pm
I love how Beef actually says "tap tap tap" as he air-types.  In my mind he is vocalizing actual keyboard tap noises, like a geekier version of the !Kung language.
Title: Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
Post by: wombat on May 01, 2008, 07:55:32 pm
Make a living showin' off my sideshow-quality mind! Dang, that is exactly what I want to do!
Title: Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
Post by: theinevitable on May 01, 2008, 08:31:02 pm
dude, 6'6 is tall as all heck. I knew you were tall, but that is TALL.
That is taller than my dad, who is tall.
That is taller than my brother, who is tall.

you are TALL. holy SHIT.

air typing is pretty embarrassing.
Title: Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 01, 2008, 08:46:42 pm
But it is not tall enough to make money off of and so it don't mean a thing, not even a chicken wing.

Because chicken wings cost money.

I'll have to work on my side-show mind some more.
Title: Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
Post by: Drygioni on May 01, 2008, 08:56:57 pm
But it is not tall enough to make money off of and so it don't mean a thing, not even a chicken wing.

Because chicken wings cost money.

I'll have to work on my side-show mind some more.

! Not damn true.

(http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/CROUCH_Peter_20010324_NF_R.jpg)
(http://www.tottenhammassive.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/peter-crouch-airbound.jpg)

This man has made a living out of football, due to his advantage of being very tall (6,6 or 6,7, can't remember).

And he earns £30,000/$60,000 a week! Mostly for being tall!

The MLS is pony, I'm sure you could make your way into the local team with a bit of practice, and build from there.

Give it a few years AND you could secure that dream move to Europe by joining a French/British/Italian/Spanish/welsh club!

The future's bright.

Need an agent, I'm your man, by the way.
Title: Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 01, 2008, 09:05:25 pm
Oh man, though, I tried playing human pong for a while as a kid.

That's... a lot of running. A lot lot lot of running. I have lost some weight but I am still around 290-something pounds, my brutha. Running plus weighing that much is a gigantical no-no.

As a kid, human pong was a fine thing to play. I played goalie and I took up more than half the net... just throw myself in front of the ball, you know, and then throw my weight behind the kick and then... don't do anything again for ten minutes or so.

Human pong is a damn difficult thing for an adult. That dude is lanky and tall.

I'm built a lot more like... wrestling's Mick Foley in his prime except with 10% of the patience and 1% of the tolerance for pain.
Title: Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
Post by: jay-ell on May 01, 2008, 09:13:46 pm
air typing is pretty embarrassing.

Not as embarrassing as, for instance, being told by your wife that you always make the same hand motion when you talk about someone's job.  Not a specific person's specific job, but rather, a generalized hand motion for the concept of "job."  A hand motion that mimics the act of picking up a bolt with your left hand, screwing a nut onto it with your right, and then placing the completed widget in an invisible bin to the right. 

Apparently, from the shade of pink Pedro turned when I informed him of this interesting tic of his, it's very embarrassing indeed. 

LFM, couldn't you do something quirky and then bill yourself as "The World's Tallest (x)?"  Like...the World's Tallest Depressed Person? 

"SEE...78 inches of paralyzing melancholy!  HEAR...the heartbreaking story of how even his immense height let him down!" 
Title: Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 01, 2008, 09:15:01 pm
"The World's Tallest Anxiety Attacks on Record!"

You know... it's just so crazy...
Title: Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
Post by: jaydub on May 01, 2008, 09:44:18 pm
Did any one else hit that 'sideshow-quality mind' phrase and immediately drop out of the strips flow to ponder any link between 'our' sideshow, roasted beef and the universe?

Thanks, Achewood!
Yep, me too.  Its not a long leap from sideshow-quality to side_show? Quality!

Title: Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
Post by: colmore on May 02, 2008, 11:46:47 am
Something valuable I learned in high school (much more so than say, integral calculus, which has done me no end of harm):

Our friend -- oh what name to protect the now successful professional from google -- Nathan Badrach had an amazing gesture that he used to express everything.  It was sort of like an extreme shrug, only he'd put his palms forward and move them in little circles while making a funny face.  It was a really elaborate thing to do for normal communication.  And the funny thing was, it kind of made sense in context, enough so that nobody really called him out on it for a long time.  It was such a common and known thing that you could refer to the gesture by the kid's last name and everyone would know what you were talking about.  And then one day someone finally pointed it out to him.  And he never did it again.

Lesson:  if you like a goofy quirk of a friend or loved one, never ever point out their goofy behavior.  People are generally too self-conscious to let themselves be awesome, we need to be blind about some things.
Title: Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
Post by: lprkn on May 02, 2008, 02:44:34 pm
My old roommate pointed out to me that I don't scratch my head like everybody else. I bring my hand up to my head, then squiggle my fingers around, rather than actually moving my hand. I immediately realized that that is how my dad scratches his head. I kept doing it, though, force of habit and all that.

But yeah, I'm with you there Colmore, there are a couple of quirks of my friends' that I have never pointed out because I don't want them to stop doing them.
Title: Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
Post by: theinevitable on May 02, 2008, 07:49:10 pm
the main quirk that gets pointed out to me is that when I get really excited I start yelling.
I try really hard not to do this, but, I do it still. My dad has always done this, also.