The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Doc on May 08, 2008, 11:47:24 am
-
Enter Showbiz (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05082008).
This is the first time I've been motivated to start a thread in ages. I really like where this is going.
-
A toilet flush is an anchor to reality. There are few things more real than that.
-
A toilet flush is an anchor to reality. There are few things more real than that.
'Specially when you're fixin' to make the sexy. There was Beef, all in his Millionaire's Mindset of free refills and a lusty stewardess, finally feeling like he knew what it was like to wear a shirt instead of pre-emptively burying it in the yard. A toilet flushed and he was snapped back into perspective.
It could've happened a million ways - she stops at the hotel room door to rummage through her overlarge purse for the room key, which she just had in her hand a second ago and dammit woman why do you need a bag that big YOU KNOW this is just killing the mood, or she turns on the TV out of habit and it's set to the default hotel channel where there's a picture of a smiling family thanking you for staying there, or she insists on bringing her stinky leftovers from the Turkish restaurant into the room even though there's barely enough to make a snack and it's plenty cold enough outside to keep them fresh - any of that would kill the fantastical mood.
Not that I've ever had any of those things happen to me.
-
Only death and fuckin' are more about being alive than shittin'.
-
Funny how the toilet floooosh triggered a Molly thought in Beef, now ain't it?
Seems to me that the Molly thought occurred before the toilet flooooosh. But then again, it took me a minute to realize that someone had tripped Beef with their foot in the last few panels.
-
Would it be too much to ask, if this is indeed Showbiz, that Beef introduces him to the business end of a revolver? You know, to keep him from squealing to Molly unless he gets blackmail cash.
-
I like the idea that if I drink enough of a liquor my brain-folds rearrange themselves out of respect.
::Flashback::
18 Year old ACAP walks on the boardwalk of the jersey shore with his main knucklehead. Sounds of game machines, amusements, and games of chance fill the air. Then, a tall ebony colored man catches his eye and delcares...
"HENNESSY! HENNNNNESSYY! HEY MAN, YOU KNOW THAT SONG "GET TIPSY?" MAN, IM ALLLREADY TIPSY"
Then, as if meeting a long lost brother, ACAP responds:
"ME TOO BROTHER, ME TOO."
They embrace each other, with a tight hug, smiles ear to ear.
Then they part. Never seeing each other again except when memory recalls that brief moment of profound comradeship found on the Jersey boardwalk.
-
Maybe Molly needs to run of with The 'Biz to Happy AzzLand.
This could be their wedding song. (http://www.marriedtothesea.com/122506/double-azz-twinz.gif)
-
I'm not sure how people are getting Showbiz off this. I think it's just obvious to whoever this is from the Chivas and his reactions that Beef is new money.
-
I don't get Showbiz either. I got Ray from the reference to "new money" (as opposed to Ray's already entrenched wealth), but that was already my predilection.
-
Quit squashing a boy's dreams people!
Ray is too classy to josh money with his boy Beef. He knows that is a thing that would be a thing.
The 'Biz, on the other hand, is all about the opportunity, slicked back pony-tailed small rate hustle that he is.
That sandaled foot could be any off the street blowjob, but damnee, I got dreams per-eople!
Also flip flops are straight up crass. Ray would not wear such a thing after a plane flight, or in a hotel.