The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Cap'n Squeakers on May 10, 2008, 12:50:42 am

Title: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on May 10, 2008, 12:50:42 am
Exit stage left, pursued by gold-diggers (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05092008).

The depressed cartoon cat knows he cannot handle being rich.  The other cartoon cat understands.
Title: Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
Post by: CortJstr on May 10, 2008, 12:54:59 am
Taped Airwolf headphones for the win.
Title: Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on May 10, 2008, 01:00:50 am
Taped Airwolf headphones for the win.

I am unsure whether to admire Onstad for respecting continuity, or scorn him for re-using old art. I do love the line "We'll talk in Airwolf," though. Some day, I hope that one of my friends says that to me.

Title: Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on May 10, 2008, 01:03:42 am
Also "(A) Chivas", YES!  If ever there were a drink of crap dudes who want to appear classy, it is Chivas.  To understand how swank Chivas is, know this: strippers frequently store their sweaty wads of ones and fives in those faux-velvet Chivas bags backstage.  KLASSY!
Title: Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
Post by: CortJstr on May 10, 2008, 01:07:28 am
Huh. I store my sweaty wads of ones and fives in strippers.
Title: Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
Post by: Doc on May 10, 2008, 01:09:42 am
Oh, I'm just disappointed I was wrong about Showbiz.
There was a few great strips in the concept of the moocher cat blackmailing his newly-wealthy brother.

I do like Beef's insurance though, sounds like a good plan.
Title: Re: 9 May 2008 - A real basic plan where like if I die they put me in a coffin.
Post by: wombat on May 10, 2008, 01:15:03 am
This is a thing of beauty. That is all.
Title: Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
Post by: Mr Trout on May 10, 2008, 01:27:47 am
Pretty good way of handling the whole "Beef faling into money in spite of himself" thing. Reminds me of an old quote from Onstand, maybe from an interview?, where he talked about killing his characters. Something like "Pull their arms off and re-attach them backstage." Achewood is an elastic place; the more things change the more they stay the same.
Title: Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on May 10, 2008, 03:30:32 am
I applauded as soon as I read the word "Airwolf".
Title: Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 10, 2008, 04:27:46 am
Yeah, I'm pretty sure now that I have a job where I am medically covered by my own efforts, there is a fairly reasonable co-pay on my own coffin.
Title: Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
Post by: jay-ell on May 10, 2008, 02:24:43 pm
Huh. I store my sweaty wads of ones and fives in strippers.

I read this without looking at who posted it, and thought for a second that Jough was back. 
Title: Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
Post by: colmore on May 11, 2008, 02:50:04 am
Dear God,

If you ever give me a chance to tell someone "We'll talk in Airwolf," I will take back all those unspeakably horrible things I have said about you.

Sincerely,
Someone on the Internet.
Title: Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
Post by: lprkn on May 11, 2008, 09:27:09 pm
Deus ex Airwolf, not bad as far as most deus exes go.
Title: Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
Post by: theinevitable on May 11, 2008, 10:24:30 pm
oh man, I have one Deus Ex, and she's still a major pain whenever I run into her. she still won't accept that my excuse for breaking up was completely legit.

(I feel like there is a seed of funny here where a Deus Ex is an ex where a perfect excuse came up to break up with them when otherwise it would have been awkward? I cannot get this across properly. Lately I have the ideas for jokes but not the execution, which is unfortunate.)
Title: Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on May 12, 2008, 07:20:17 pm
Yea this really fealt like some kind of forced sitcom ending where no matter what happens to the characters, they end up exactly where they started at the end of show - that way reruns arent confusing and the writers dont have to worry about sticking to a storyline.
Believable: Roast Beef falls in to a great profitable venture and has trouble dealing with money at first
Not Believable: Ray shows up in Airwolf and convinces him to give away all his money.
Title: Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
Post by: pmcd9 on May 12, 2008, 10:50:50 pm
Oh yeah, it's gonna be a good time at home when Beef tells Molly that he no longer has any money.  Sorry honey, back to the coffee shop with you.
Title: Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
Post by: Golfhaus on May 12, 2008, 11:14:05 pm
Oh yeah, it's gonna be a good time at home when Beef tells Molly that he no longer has any money.  Sorry honey, back to the coffee shop with you.

Better than that... "Baby, you gotta understand, if I kept all of that money, I would have ended up cheating on you." Edward VIII giving up the throne, it ain't.
Title: Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
Post by: theinevitable on May 12, 2008, 11:17:23 pm
and she'd be all "then go ahead and cheat on me, goddamnit! I assumed you were the second those dimes hit your hand!"