The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Choop on May 11, 2008, 02:44:16 am

Title: cookin' from scratch
Post by: Choop on May 11, 2008, 02:44:16 am
today is a fun day - the missus whipped up some pasta, and i made some ricotta. we stuffed the pasta with the ricotta and BOOM ravioli

it's ready NOW with some carbonara sauce

gtg, eatin
Title: Re: cookin' from scratch
Post by: Choop on May 11, 2008, 05:17:35 am
oh so good

ricotta recipe (http://www.napastyle.com/recipe/recipe.jsp?productId=2315)

pasta recipe (http://www.thatsmyhome.com/venettos/pasta/homemade-pasta-dough.htm)

ravioli are easy to assemble: just take your sheet of pasta (if you use a pasta roller machine like me, it's a long strip) and dot it with a small ball of filling; draw a grid around the filling dots with a beaten egg and a brush; cut in the middle of the egg stripes; either fold over or lay a second sheet on top; press and seal tightly, try to remove all the air and none of the filling

eat and enjoy
Title: Re: cookin' from scratch
Post by: Ruta Bagas on May 11, 2008, 10:20:37 am
I made an amazing pizza the other day.

I thought I had basically no food in the house but then I had a revelation.

I caramelised some red onions to accompany the otherwise basic but still goddamn delicious topping. There aren't many problems that can't be solved by caramelising red onions.

It was a happy time.
Title: Re: cookin' from scratch
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 12, 2008, 06:49:37 pm
I made this bread right here (http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/103423) yesterday.  Easy.  Hell of such as good.