The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on May 11, 2008, 01:40:00 pm

Title: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on May 11, 2008, 01:40:00 pm
Eh, it was a silly idea.
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on May 11, 2008, 02:46:41 pm
This may be completely breaking the fourth wall or whatever

Wait a minute… you mean you people are real?
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: theinevitable on May 11, 2008, 07:05:06 pm
i am in love with my state and the beach, but I will be working all summer at a summer camp where I can't just ask for days off. Boo.

you should come visit Clay and me in charlotte, though.
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: wombat on May 11, 2008, 08:23:55 pm
Wait a minute… you mean you people are real?

Don't worry. He's just messing with your head, as imaginary people are wont to do.
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 11, 2008, 09:13:29 pm
Pretty soon, we'll be asking you to bury floppy disks that contain our enemies, Victoria.

Be prepared.
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: lprkn on May 11, 2008, 09:32:35 pm
Although I will actually be in Virginia at that time, I will be otherwise engaged by sweating a lot and getting yelled at...a lot. So I wish you party people the best in this endeavor.

Note: If you changed it from a "meetup" to a "meatup," you could maybe get more attendees. Just sayin'.
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: Golfhaus on May 11, 2008, 10:34:49 pm
i am in love with my state and the beach, but I will be working all summer at a summer camp where I can't just ask for days off. Boo.

you should come visit Clay and me in charlotte, though.

And some other guy!
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: theinevitable on May 11, 2008, 11:57:56 pm
oh, and yeah! golfhaus lives here also!

and christine! I know how you thought she was hot, and how she is!
and how she is dating your frat-brother!
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: Golfhaus on May 12, 2008, 12:15:35 am
inev is the BMO ALL the C's.
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: jay-ell on May 12, 2008, 12:45:04 am
It was probably a great idea, except that most of those of us who live on this end of the world are too old and decrepit (and have too many responsibilities, financial and otherwise) to take off to Atlantic City this summer. 

But, you know, I would love to meet people in a more family-friendly setting.  Like...the beach? 
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: wombat on May 12, 2008, 01:49:12 am
Is Atlantic City not on the beach? I always assumed that was why they called it Atlantic City.
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: jay-ell on May 12, 2008, 03:26:26 am
Not that kind of beach.  This kind of beach. 

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/jldunston/SAn3NSycIBI/AAAAAAAAA7Q/2eXJk5LXdgw/s400/DSC00646.JPG)
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: Doc on May 12, 2008, 03:55:06 am
Not that kind of beach.  This kind of beach. 
What no close up bikini shots? Denied.

Also there's some great beaches around my area.... just saying.
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 12, 2008, 04:25:50 am
He wants to see your bikini area... up close!
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: jay-ell on May 12, 2008, 12:59:34 pm
He wants to see your bikini area... up close!

Oh, there's not much to see there. 

But yeah, I mean, I was thinking we could all go to Myrtle Beach or Hilton Head or something along those lines the same week.  (I'm personally a big fan of Carolina/Kure beach, it's much less touristy than Myrtle.)  It would be like Bike Week, but for geeks. 

Geek Week at the Beach.  Has a certain ring to it. 
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: Doc on May 12, 2008, 01:14:58 pm
He wants to see your bikini area... up close!

You make it sound so sordid.

It's a beautiful thing, between a man and a bikini area... up close.
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: CortJstr on May 12, 2008, 01:22:18 pm
Dang, I haven't been to a beach since I was 12 and we went to boring ol' OC, MD. Of course I haven't even owned a swimsuit in about 10 years, either.
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: jaydub on May 12, 2008, 04:50:25 pm
Oh, there's not much to see there.
He wants to see your bikini area... up close!

Perhaps more than on Linnea's (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3732.msg94044.html#msg94044)?
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: jay-ell on May 12, 2008, 07:35:24 pm
Perhaps more than on Linnea's (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3732.msg94044.html#msg94044)?

Probably not, actually. 
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: Golfhaus on May 12, 2008, 10:15:31 pm
I've been trying to convince my department to do the annual Labor-Day meeting in the Outer Banks this year. Last year's was in Knoxville, at this awesome lodge house. Everyone loved it, but I don't think it can hold up to some of the cooler beach houses on the Banx.
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: Golfhaus on May 12, 2008, 11:16:36 pm
The main problem is that a lot of these things are, "Sleeps 20 - six king beds, six queen beds, eight bunks." What we need is more like, "Sleeps 30 - 30 twins." Which are... harder to find.
Title: Re: Achecon Atlantic City
Post by: CortJstr on May 13, 2008, 01:44:18 am
I've been trying to convince my department to do the annual Labor-Day meeting in the Outer Banks this year. Last year's was in Knoxville, at this awesome lodge house. Everyone loved it, but I don't think it can hold up to some of the cooler beach houses on the Banx.

I can never visit that place just because of those ubiquitous OBX stickers.