The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Golfhaus on May 16, 2008, 09:26:57 pm

Title: 16 May 2008 - plugged-in duelin' banjos?
Post by: Golfhaus on May 16, 2008, 09:26:57 pm
Phish for hicks? (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05162008)

Watch out, Ray!
Title: Re: 16 May 2008 - plugged-in duelin' banjos?
Post by: Ruta Bagas on May 16, 2008, 09:36:00 pm
Poteen never ends well.
Title: Re: 16 May 2008 - plugged-in duelin' banjos?
Post by: CortJstr on May 16, 2008, 09:55:49 pm
It really is all about the eyebrows sometimes.
Title: Re: 16 May 2008 - plugged-in duelin' banjos?
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on May 16, 2008, 10:44:02 pm
Poteen never ends well.

We need have no worries about Nice Pete Taking Ray, as there is a debt between them (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01222007).  Also, I think Nice Pete has a bit of a man-crush on Ray.
Title: Re: 16 May 2008 - plugged-in duelin' banjos?
Post by: Doc on May 16, 2008, 11:36:59 pm
Also, I think Nice Pete has a bit of a man-crush on Ray.

I think that's just more cause to be concerned.
Title: Re: 16 May 2008 - plugged-in duelin' banjos?
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on May 16, 2008, 11:45:49 pm
I think that's just more cause to be concerned.

Ray'll be okay, as long as he remembers to laugh at Nice Pete's jokes (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08242005).
Title: Re: 16 May 2008 - plugged-in duelin' banjos?
Post by: jaydub on May 17, 2008, 12:36:28 am
Oh man, this one was golden.
Title: Re: 16 May 2008 - plugged-in duelin' banjos?
Post by: Death Ray on May 18, 2008, 08:28:03 pm
I think that's just more cause to be concerned.

I don't see why the man who won the GOF should be taking any shit off a hillbilly like Pete. Tear his fuck*ng mustache off!
Title: Re: 16 May 2008 - plugged-in duelin' banjos?
Post by: Drygioni on May 18, 2008, 10:10:49 pm
I don't see why the man who won the GOF should be taking any shit off a hillbilly like Pete. Tear his fuck*ng mustache off!

Not necessarily, if there's one thing that applies there it's the old James Bond theory.

Ray/James Bond Vs. 1000s of well-trained/handy-in-a-fight men? No problem.

Ray/James Bond Vs. 1 psycho? More tricky, and a deus ex machina is required for Ray/James Bonds inevitable victory.
Title: Re: 16 May 2008 - plugged-in duelin' banjos?
Post by: Ruta Bagas on May 18, 2008, 10:22:04 pm
Man, have you seen Goldfinger?

James Bond is useless.
Title: Re: 16 May 2008 - plugged-in duelin' banjos?
Post by: Lister on May 19, 2008, 04:33:04 am
Not necessarily, if there's one thing that applies there it's the old James Bond theory.

Ray/James Bond Vs. 1000s of well-trained/handy-in-a-fight men? No problem.

Ray/James Bond Vs. 1 psycho? More tricky, and a deus ex machina is required for Ray/James Bonds inevitable victory.

This is actually due to the law of conservation of ninjitsu (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ConservationOfNinjitsu), which can occasionally be trumped when fighting back to back (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BackToBackBadasses).
Title: Re: 16 May 2008 - plugged-in duelin' banjos?
Post by: Doc on May 19, 2008, 04:47:33 am
This is actually due to the law of conservation of ninjitsu (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ConservationOfNinjitsu), which can occasionally be trumped when fighting back to back (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BackToBackBadasses).

Damnit Lister, don't link TVtropes.
I've been clean for like 2 months man... I can't take the temptation... plus I'd never read the back to back page before.
Title: Re: 16 May 2008 - plugged-in duelin' banjos?
Post by: oball on May 19, 2008, 05:42:12 am
Well, there goes my afternoon.
Title: Re: 16 May 2008 - plugged-in duelin' banjos?
Post by: theinevitable on May 19, 2008, 07:32:13 am
I am pretty sure Pedro was talking about this (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CreepyCoolCrosses) recently.
Title: Re: 16 May 2008 - plugged-in duelin' banjos?
Post by: Drygioni on May 19, 2008, 03:12:46 pm
Man, have you seen Goldfinger?

James Bond is useless.

Spooky!

I watched this film today as preparation for my Music Tech exam (studying the soundtrack and so forth).

And no, he's not that useless! He just ends up in way more one-on-one fights in that film (guy at the beginning with the bath, Oddjob, etc.)