The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Golfhaus on May 21, 2008, 09:27:51 pm

Title: EIGHT EXTRA PAGES JUST ADDED - 21 May 2008
Post by: Golfhaus on May 21, 2008, 09:27:51 pm
Quote
EIGHT EXTRA PAGES JUST ADDED to the Great Outdoor Fight book! (Now 104p.)
On that note, the strip returns Thursday.

I dunno, maybe I'm just feeling weird today, but something about that smacks of "Today's content is FOR MONEY ONLY" to me.

I'm not usually one of the ones who gets all ornery when a free entertainment provider decides not to provide entertainment for free on a day, but that rubbed me the wrong way, in a manner I'm not used to feeling. Don't know if anyone else got that weird vibe.
Title: Re: EIGHT EXTRA PAGES JUST ADDED - 21 May 2008
Post by: wombat on May 21, 2008, 09:43:03 pm
Dunno, it just struck me as 'desperate to update the site in some way despite not having a new strip ready.'
Title: Re: EIGHT EXTRA PAGES JUST ADDED - 21 May 2008
Post by: CortJstr on May 21, 2008, 11:29:27 pm
Actually the 104 pages part was already there this morning. He just added the "no strip today" part recently.
Title: Re: EIGHT EXTRA PAGES JUST ADDED - 21 May 2008
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 08, 2008, 09:00:07 pm
If he would just take down the part that says " a new strip every weekday" I would be happy because that's proven to be about laughable.
Title: Re: EIGHT EXTRA PAGES JUST ADDED - 21 May 2008
Post by: jay-ell on June 09, 2008, 12:52:34 am
You know, MWF updates are enough for Penny Arcade and XKCD.  Nobody complains about it because that's what we're expecting. 

I'm just sayin'. 
Title: Re: EIGHT EXTRA PAGES JUST ADDED - 21 May 2008
Post by: wombat on June 10, 2008, 12:43:41 pm
Jeff Rowland's banner for Overcompensating now says "Updated five days a week if nothing goes wrong." 
Title: Re: EIGHT EXTRA PAGES JUST ADDED - 21 May 2008
Post by: colmore on June 13, 2008, 12:15:07 am
You know most professional cartoonists give the public *nothing* for free.

And I like the irregular but basically 3 or 4 times a week schedule.  Much like the old baby updates and him not having a high-how-you-doin' showin up at every con and expo personality imbues the whole enterprise with a lot of personality in a way that feels refreshingly pre-internet.  Like a rock band you know from a handful of 7"s one show and a single zine interview.